What's new

Drop Special Auction for Direct .au Domain Names

trellian

Top Contributor
I got a winning bid in at the $25 level, next minit somebody's come in over the top and it's at the $5,000 level. I think they may have also misunderstood the bidding system :)
The current winning bidder knows exactly how the system works. So dont need to worry about that, clearly they thought the name worth it at that level as the next level is $10k

Horshack

Top Contributor
The auction action is amazing considering still 4 days to go. Is it worth considering an aftermarket auction of premium .au names in the near future?

Horshack

Top Contributor
What's the story with the use of adult domains in the new .au space because there seems to be quite a few in this auction.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
I'm having multiple issues where I've been winning a domain (winning bid confirmed in Bid Logs) but now I'm losing and the new bid amount is exactly the same as mine - eg my bid was $25 and the new winning bid is also $25.

This has impacted 7 domains so far.

It's not a cache issue. Emailed support last night with screen grabs but heard nothing yet.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
I'm having multiple issues where I've been winning a domain (winning bid confirmed in Bid Logs) but now I'm losing and the new bid amount is exactly the same as mine - eg my bid was $25 and the new winning bid is also $25.

This has impacted 7 domains so far.

It's not a cache issue. Emailed support last night with screen grabs but heard nothing yet.
This has now been resolved. Thanks to Support.

I'm new to Drop. I remember Netfleet used to charge a buyer's premium on top of catching the domain. Will this be the case with this special .au auction ending on Monday? Will there be additional fees if a domain is won for say $10?

trellian

Top Contributor
Drop does not charge a buyers premium. The prices are including GST. The final cost is exactly that plus any credit card merchant fees if paying via credit card or no fees if paying via EFT.

trellian

Top Contributor
The interface shows only the domains that you have been out bid on, that you had previously a winning bid on at any time.

Any domains that you are still winning are listed on the All Bids page.

The All Bids page also shows all bids placed on domains that were already below the existing bid at the bottom.

The interface shows only the domains that you have been out bid on, that you had previously a winning bid on at any time.

The All Bids page also shows all bids placed on domains that were already below the existing bid at the bottom.
Is there any way to retract/cancel bids? I tried calling Friday night, but office was closed, and still no reply to my messages.. I'm a Little worried as I know Monday is the dead line!

trellian

Top Contributor
The support team is back on Monday. Some may be logging in over the weeend to check for critical issues. Please note that this is an auction and as such bids are legally binding and final. Single domain bids made in error can be reviewed if not affecting other users, but as a general guide removing bulk bids on a batch of domains is not something that is likely to be done after the fact.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor

FWIW, I had previously had a "successful" bid that was showing but is now hot showing. It is now showing in the logs as being unsuccessful due to a higher bid queued. Probably correct as it did jump to the $5k level straight away.

Phenomenal work anyway to get it up and running.

Zyzz

Why does this come up for heaps of names im trying to get?

ERROR your selected domains is not dropping at 4th Oct, if you feel this is an error please email support immediately.

trellian

Top Contributor
It usually means that the domain is either already registered or is locked/contested as two or more existing extension holder applied for the .au rights.

If you have an example of a domain we can test and let you know the exact reason.

trellian

Top Contributor
30 Minutes to go!

get bids in early as we are already experiencing load time issues, so do not reply on last minute bulk bids to complete before cut off

Zyzz

Yeah its all gone i rekon they crashed. Drop is the only place in the whole of aus that is catching these domains

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi All, Bids are over and the pages are planned to be removed after the end of the auctions.

We will be doing a clean up and will soon show the winning bids for clients

Erwin

Top Contributor
It will be interesting to see just how many names how many of my winning names gets caught by drop..
With nothing ever certain in life, I suspect they will catch most of these..

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo