What's new

Drop Special Auction for Direct .au Domain Names

Tabiteck

For the Bids we have lost out on, can we see what the winning bid was in value? I had bid on a couple of clients domains and told them they would sell high (3LD) I don't think they believe me that $500 is not enough. Would be interested to see. cheers

jamesau

I've been a bit surprised by the number missed. Synergy Wholesale accounts catching a surprising number. I will await the results from DropCatcher but it does not look good.

trellian

Top Contributor
yeah unfortunately we have a few tech issues and a few of our registrars did not connect... not able to do a test run on this type of special drop as totally unique and unlike the daily drops...

trellian

Top Contributor
Thanks... crazy day and a crazy few seconds of Drops...

Over 50,000 .au names were registered within a minute or two.

jgreen

Hi
Wanted to get a .au and missed one. I was pre-registered at a different registrar, and they didn't process applications at 8am, so it looks like the domain is with Yexa.
What's the process to find out if a) someone else has it, but because of domain privacy the whois says Yexa, or b) Yexa has is, how do we buy it? Does Yexa/Drop.com.au force auction or can we just "buy now"?

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi,
Yexa is part of Drop, so if caught by Yexa it would have been on behalf of one of the Drop clients.

Please contact the Drop support team with the domain name and they will be able to promptly provide further instructions and options as depends on the who the registrant is.

Furphy

@ Trellian
Any idea how long the Special Drop page will be under maintenance for?
Noticed it was quite buggy with changing status and saying I had won auctions that had previously been lost (for incorrect pricing too).

Erwin

Top Contributor
Congratulations to those who placed bids in at the various auction platforms and won! I lost one name, but all in all a good result for me..
Thankfully I was able to secure my first name and my sons first name this morning, I hope he’ll thank me later in life for obtaining his direct .au 😉

Zyzz

Man drop is absolute trash. I tried getting a domain and it was lost to some site called terrific.com.au

What a joke, I thought drop was a premium product.

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi Sorry to hear that we failed to catch one of your names for you. Unfortunately this was a heavily contested drops and very unique where all the names dropped at exactly the same time, so this was always going to be the case where other backorder services were going to secure a small percent of names.

I can see that we caught 3 out of 4 names for you, which is still decent, even though the one you really wanted was not one of them.

Erwin

Top Contributor
Of the 8 names I applied for drop caught 7..
Of those 8, 3 were premium.. of those I obtained 2..

Horshack

Top Contributor
Yep I only appeared to have missed 2 so still happy. One of those names I really wanted and it wasn't on the special list at Drop but I placed a bid anyway. I was checking quite a few names and surprised to see almost all of them registered at Terrific.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member