What's new

Drop Off in Online Business

nina

Top Contributor
The problem is, as I see, is the world of 'overwhelmness' - I am doing some small talks in September and October for a few of my business colleagues introducing them, in plain english to social media.

I have found that many businesses are getting left behind because they simply don't understand how it works.

I did read that article, and I was still amazed that so few businesses are online.

I have been talking with my clients and purchasing some domain names for them. In reality, a domain name that best presents your business, search words and market is one of the cheapest and most valuable investments that they can make.

I hope to introduce more of my clients into the world of domain names through my series of talks in September. I also hope to record some of them for future training.

It was a very interesting article!

Nina

smee

Top Contributor
Maybe these reporters need to realise that small business is hurting and they can't expend on websites that bring small returns. The Internet is saturated with competitors and they can't afford bidding wars to show first page on google.

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks for the article, stats are good but also actually talking at ground roots is very informative which i do every day.

in the last 4 days i have booked development of 4 new ecom sites for businesses with less then 5 staff.

They all currently have a website and want to add on ecom, fair enough they are all my clients but they all instigated the request to do them.

the common theme for their decision although they are in different business sectors is not to simply make more sales but to stop losing sales to large websites that sell similar products to them " stop the rot " so to speak.

as for social media I have setup facebook for them all and there is only 1 that activily does it.

my thinking ( based on conversations ) is for sme's facebook is so intangible they struggle to see ...PROVE to themselves any benefit

i'll admit to not being a fan of facebook ( i hear gasp's) but there are many businesses that it simply will have no benefit for and they mostly fall in sme's range,

a small hardware store, a plumber with 3 apprentices, a dentist !! who the hell wants to follow a dentist ??? i could go on forever.

the drop of in social by sme's is that many believed they HAD TO be on facebook or die and now they are just getting back to grass roots business.

its kind of like saying there is a drop off in sme's travelling on business ! most business people in country nsw have never left town. they did when jetstar had $1 fares but they have done that now so back to work.

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think the sample size is far too small,

"While the July survey of 1,004 SME operators found the proportion with a business website rose slightly in the past few months, from 36 percent in March to 38 percent now, less than one quarter – or just 24 percent - of SMEs used search engines to promote their business, down from nearly one third 31% in March."

The next survey will be about some miraculous pickup in activity.

findtim

Top Contributor
i haven't had a slow day in 12 years !

i also don't read newspapers, watch the tv news as its always doom and gloom as thats all these guys look for but there are soooo many great things happening each day

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member