1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Domains Sales List 2018

Discussion in 'Domain News' started by Suzabro, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

Added to the list
    nm.com.au $6,789 - Netfleet
    Touch.com.au $2,555 - Netfleet

Scott7 likes this.
  2. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

DesignAustralia.com.au $1,800 - Netfleet added to the list

3. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

Added
    familylaw.com.au $5,111 - Netfleet
    Renovate.com.au $3,212 - Netfleet

Scott7 and DnEbook like this.
  4. trellian

trellian Membership: Community

remit.com.au $6250 (US$4600) Above

Scott7 and Suzabro like this.
  5. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

Great buy!

6. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

We are now half way through the year and not even one 5 figure sale.

7. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

There was a 3 word .com.au Real Estate name sold for 6 figures but private sale so not reported.

Rhythm likes this.
  8. snoopy

The market has crashed.

9. trellian

If everyone keeps talking negatively about it, and telling everyone to stop buying .com.au names, what do you expect?

We are still getting sales and still getting interest from end users, and we do not anticipate for this to stop. The only thing that has tanked is the domain investor interest, which means that names that are dropping can be picked up for lot less than ever before, so great time to buy now.

Cheers
    David

Rhythm, Callum and Ricky like this.
  10. snoopy

In my view auDA adding uncertainty and draconian policy proposals is what is effecting the market.

Couple of points,

1. For anyone investing in the space there is the prospect of the end to the monetisation rule. My reading of that is that if auDA and the PRP get their way people will need to go back to the old days of having matching business names, matching company names etc (anyone disagree with that assessment? it is how it looks to me).

2. The other thing is direct registrations, people can see what has happened to the .co.uk market, the uncertainty will hang around for a long period of time, confusion etc.

Point 1 won't effect enduser demand but it will send holding costs dramatically higher. Point 2 will effect the enduser market and it will effect holding costs as well. So it is squeezing the market from both ends and that is why wholesale prices have fallen so heavily.

Lastly I would congratulate Trellian for saying it as it is. This is a company people should be supporting instead of those who take our money (e.g. Netfleet/MelbourneIT, Ventraip) then try to skewer domainers via branch stacking and name calling. If you have domains registered at those other companies think about moving them to a company that supports domain investor such as Trellian.

trellian and Scott.L like this.
  11. trellian

Thank you Paul,

The monetization rule as far as I am under the impression is going to stay. Key people there do not want it gone either. It took too long to get in the first place to be removed. Besides you can now renew a domain for 5 years so you will have for $50 a solution that lasts 5 years if something crazy does happen as they will allow existing domains to be monetized..

direct reg, at Above, we have similar sales volumes and values for .co.uk names before and after .uk. So we have not seen much of a change to the end user market. Granted .uk was done one way, and we are not sure how .au will be done if at all. So hard to compare actual versus future unknown... but right now the talk of direct reg is not affecting end user pricing and will not for years to come.

As domain investors, sure fight the battle, but knowing the above, I see no reason why the industry can not keep chugging along while key changes/decisions are sought to be made.

Cheers
    David

Rhythm likes this.
  12. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes

The market is flat because the management of auDA is having a direct negative impact upon the .au Market.

According to Dreamscape the .au Market is Flat. Dreamscape advised the Market at its AGM the domain registration market and hosting in the Australian Market has been flat with no industry growth since the start of the financial year 2017. This has continued in the November to January 2018 period. Their half-yearly report goes onto say; while the Crazy Domain Brand in Australia continues to increase its total .au domain market share, the industry as a whole has been flat. Read Here

Growth coming from acquisitions. Offsetting flat domain industry in Australia.
    i.e. whilst this negative market sentiment [created by auDA] continues, Dreamscape will pursue growth through major registrar acquisitions. ;) [No wonder Dreamscape wants to rig the vote]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    DomainNames likes this.
  13. snoopy

I haven't heard this David, and the latest PRP minutes stating they want to repeal it,

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 8.19.14 pm.png

https://www.auda.org.au/assets/Poli...licy-review-panel-meeting-minutes01052018.pdf

For this to not be repealed would likely mean either the PRP changing its mind or scrapping the PRP, or the board not agreeing with the change.

I was told about 12 months ago that Cameron & his policy person had it in for monetisation. I believe that is why it is on the PRP's list. If certain people on the board trying to reassure it would get voted down by the board it won't. I believe there is only 1 person on the board willing to go against the rest of the board on anything right now. The rest are yes men.

Scott7 and DomainNames like this.
  14. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    aka Tim.

15. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

Added a sale from Flippa
    Delos.com.au $5,000

Scott7 and DomainNames like this.
  16. Suzabro

Suzabro Administrator

tilemart.com.au $2,290 - Netfleet
    harc.com.au $1,620 - Netfleet

Scott7 likes this.
  17. Drop.com.au

Drop.com.au Membership: VIP

cpa.com.au $50,000 - Drop

18. Luke.

Luke. Membership: Community

Woah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott7 likes this.
  19. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Simply awesome 3L domain sale. Well done Drop - great catch. :)

eBranding.com.au, Scott7 and snoopy like this.
  20. snoopy

Welcome back Ned!

Agree it is a great price.

eBranding.com.au, neddy and Scott7 like this.