1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Domainer.com.au forum?

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Andrew Wright, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    you wouldn't pay 5c
    What does $100 Per year VIP membership on this forum do for you snoop? Or is it just a charitable donation.

2. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Doesn't mean people will pay for it. Domainers are stingy (me included).

findtim likes this.
  3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I haven't paid for anything.

4. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

Andrew I think Ned having a chop at you like that is just him being funny. It gets lost in translation when you take it at face value of just the text. So do my "your mum" jokes so I've found out :)

I always thought the site would be valuable to Ned and Demonoid as a platform for their views and through the contacts they make especially when their main game is to sell domains. Just like Elliotsblog.com now called domaininvesting.com. I reckon adsense and other stuff would be just small biccies in comparison.

I'd be shocked if there's really any money in running a forum especially when the participants provide most of the value.

Ned and Demonoid with their blog provide value and insight with their articles so it's very different. Especially when you consider the current situation we are faced with from the threat of direct registrations with no rights for current holders. There is a fight going on for those rights and these guys are at the forefront.

findtim and eBranding.com.au like this.
  5. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i think its more a mark of respect for knowledge, PLUS i have found i have had better connections, better information, more open conversations privately "off line" , i actually JUST had a phone call from a VIP who gave me some interesting information, i think JUST that one phone call would be worth the money for the year.

tim

6. Scott.L

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hmmmmm.....
    Did you pay for your VIP privilege, or were you thrown a freebie like snoppy.

7. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    i paid, the insights and connections i get are invaluable in my opinion.
    tim

8. findtim

auDA Member:
    Yes
    and i'll also just add to this, my present business would not be what it is today without DNT, honest to god the knowledge i have gained here has grown my business by 200% thats why i am so proactive.

in 2010 i got a phone call from a friend ( a guru i asked some advice from ) which lead to make a call to ned who everyone knows owned DNT at the time , thats when my business totally changed because i didn't know of NF or drop or DNT, so you are going to be HARD PRESSED for me to get off the positive DNT bandwagon.
    if anyone didn't know before, then now they know where i stand.:cool:
    tim

9. Scott.L

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You got that connection with Ned for free Tim...not one cent required. And I agree with your DNT sentiment, it's a valuable resourse.