What's new

Domain Sales List 2008

soj

Founder
2 more domains added to the list which sold yesterday at NetFleet, PWC.com.au going for a pricey $9500 while BillsNook.com.au changed hands for $200

Wade

Jobs.net.au is one of the top 5 .net.au names, in the same league as cars.net.au, hotels.net.au etc, its one of the few .net.au that would actually have some small volume of type ins, but still around 1000 times less type in traffic than jobs.com.au.

If the best .net.au names cant even get $5k, it shows all the lower quality .net.au names are close to worthless in terms of resale, once you get into the 2 or 3 worders, hypens, numbers, they are wothless.

If anything it shows the weakness of the .net.au market, $4500 for one of the best .net.au names, the same money in .com.au buys you a run of the mill geo name.

soj

Founder
Thanks for that DTP, Reid.com.au has been added to the list, jumping into 2nd position, well done to the seller, new owner and the team at DomainTradingPost

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
oops! i will have to retract that one (ubuyusell.com.au) paz.

I was told the paperwork had been processed but it hasn't officially gone through yet! Seems i jumped the gun.

soj

Founder
Added a few more domains to the list, thanks to the sales down at NetFleet

AFTRS.com.au $250
FamilyCars.com.au $200
ResumeTips.com.au $200
MountDruitt.com.au $200
WolliCreek.com.au $200
Bushtours.com.au $200

Jobs.net.au is one of the top 5 .net.au names, in the same league as cars.net.au, hotels.net.au etc, its one of the few .net.au that would actually have some small volume of type ins, but still around 1000 times less type in traffic than jobs.com.au.

If the best .net.au names cant even get $5k, it shows all the lower quality .net.au names are close to worthless in terms of resale, once you get into the 2 or 3 worders, hypens, numbers, they are wothless.

If anything it shows the weakness of the .net.au market, $4500 for one of the best .net.au names, the same money in .com.au buys you a run of the mill geo name.

I have to agree. I am shocked that jobs only got $4,500 and it really puts it in perspective for me

DavidL

Top Contributor
I have to agree. I am shocked that jobs only got $4,500 and it really puts it in perspective for me

Remember that jobs.com.au sold for 'more than $200,000' (to the Boomerang guys) according to the best industry guesses. Of course this was last year & before the relaxation of the sale regulations so exact price paid was kept under wraps.

But if it were $200K, does this sale indicated we should take the net.au to be equivalent to 1/50th of the com.au equivalent? that's pretty damn weak... :(

Wade

In my opinion jobs.com.au is now a 7 figure domain, the typein traffic that domain receives is huge, and Boomerang has proved the domain's SEO value by ranking #2 in google for the term jobs. They got it for a bargain!

If we're comparing todays price for jobs.com.au and jobs.net.au it would be more like 1/500th

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
at the moment there can only be two aussie domains that can have 'jobs' i think it was a steal at that price, omce a few .net.au's get developed it will help

Last edited:

soj

Founder
jobs jobs jobs dot com dot a u, jobs jobs jobs dot com dot a u, ive seen the ads so many times now, it just shows you dont need a great domain to be succesful, look at the big job sites out there, careerone, monster, seek, hippo, all much bigger than jobs.com.au and all brand name sites.

Wade

Just because jobsjobsjobs.com.au can fund an ad campaign doesnt mean they are successful, and the real question is how much more successful would they be if they had jobs.com.au instead of a problematic domain like jobsjobsjobs.com.au, a domain that would have far less typos and traffic bleeds.

The guys at jobs.com.au get a lot of traffic without advertising, its all free seo and typeins.

As for the other local brand name job sites, they got in early, massive financial and traffic backing from the major media groups, their dominance has less to do with their brand names and more to do with their timing and alliances, these companies already controlled the job classified markets and brought that business online.

The job site industry in Australia has already been stitched up, jobsjobsjobs.com.au will continue to lag way behind the other players in terms of traffic and sales, jobs.com.au on the other hand has no overheads and just on sells their free traffic to jobx.com.au, they may never reach the lofty heights of seek.com.au but its still a great name, with a very profitable business model they have setup now, and will always be attractive to a range of buyers.

Jobsjobsjobs.com.au is not going to overtake or even come close to seek or mycareer etc, and when the ad money runs out the traffic will drop too. They've been running tv, radio and display ads for 2 years now and their traffic rank is still so low. If they had spent a fraction of that money on quality industry specific domain names with traffic they would be more competetive and less reliant on expensive and untargetted advertising.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member