1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Development work beginning on Drop.com.au site.

Discussion in 'Drop.com.au' started by Ken, Dec 3, 2010.

1. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

I agree with everything you said. My request isn't one that would really benefit anyone other than myself. I get why you put the menu there but would be awesome to have a skin/theme with the ability to change it around.

Just bitching :p I'm sure I'll get over it in due time.

2. Ken

Ken Membership: Community

I'll see what I can do for you. ;)

3. Ken

It now has a user selectable preference (right vs left menu), here's a preview of it in right-menu mode:

[​IMG]

4. WG2010

WG2010 Archived Member

Awesome, thanks so much Ken :) OCD users can now rejoice!

5. Rhythm

Rhythm Membership: VIP

Hi Ken/Ant

+1 I've always preferred Right Menu's as well.

Can it be ensured that the mobile interface be compatible with Opera Mobile on WP7/Android?

(I kinda stopped using Apple forever the first (and last) time somebody gifted me a (Power) Macintosh.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  6. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    right side works for me -

hey, is it possible to be able to see this navigation menu on a mobile phone? or is it just my phone...if not, it would be really useful to know the watch list bids rather than scrolling every which way.

7. soj

soj Founder

I have a suggestion for you guys, give the book Rework a read by Jason Fried (the guy from 37signals). You will find a lot of interesting tips when developing software :)

8. Ken

Thanks soj, that book looks really good, I'll see if I can get a copy from a book store in the city tomorrow.

From the excerpts I've read online, it sounds a lot like how we work anyhow, but I'm sure they've saved the best stuff for inside the book.

9. Ken

To be super clear (since it has been pointed out that my previous post could be interpreted rather ambiguously) the topic of conversation in question was "Why has nobody in the .au space implemented instant transfer yet?".

We all here actually believe in providing the best customer experience possible, and at Fabulous, we have had instant transfer available in the GTLD space for years.

Nobody in our company believes that instant transfer is a bad idea.