What's new

Development work beginning on Drop.com.au site.

WG2010

Archived Member
I'm not sure. Current web design practice commonly places menus on the left hand sides. Most of the complaints we get with the current design originate from having a right-hand-side menu system, which genuinely annoys most people.

I understand that most people don't like change, but sometimes the change is for the better. What do you think?

I agree with everything you said. My request isn't one that would really benefit anyone other than myself. I get why you put the menu there but would be awesome to have a skin/theme with the ability to change it around.

Just bitching :p I'm sure I'll get over it in due time.

Ken

It now has a user selectable preference (right vs left menu), here's a preview of it in right-menu mode:

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Hi Ken/Ant

+1 I've always preferred Right Menu's as well.

Can it be ensured that the mobile interface be compatible with Opera Mobile on WP7/Android?

(I kinda stopped using Apple forever the first (and last) time somebody gifted me a (Power) Macintosh.)

Last edited:

Scott.L

Top Contributor
right side works for me -

hey, is it possible to be able to see this navigation menu on a mobile phone? or is it just my phone...if not, it would be really useful to know the watch list bids rather than scrolling every which way.

soj

Founder
I have a suggestion for you guys, give the book Rework a read by Jason Fried (the guy from 37signals). You will find a lot of interesting tips when developing software :)

Ken

Thanks soj, that book looks really good, I'll see if I can get a copy from a book store in the city tomorrow.

From the excerpts I've read online, it sounds a lot like how we work anyhow, but I'm sure they've saved the best stuff for inside the book.

Ken

To be truthful, this one feature has caused a great deal of discussion in the company. It's quite hard to convince people that allowing your customers to more easily transfer their domains away is a good feature for your product.

Ant and I have counter argued that if you need to hold domains hostage for an extra 3 days, then you're doing something fundamentally wrong as a registrar.

To be super clear (since it has been pointed out that my previous post could be interpreted rather ambiguously) the topic of conversation in question was "Why has nobody in the .au space implemented instant transfer yet?".

We all here actually believe in providing the best customer experience possible, and at Fabulous, we have had instant transfer available in the GTLD space for years.

Nobody in our company believes that instant transfer is a bad idea.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo