What's new

CottonTowels.com

avalonesa

what is cottontowels.com worth?

papertowels.com is owned by procter and gamble, as is towels.com

I assume they paid xx,xxx for these names as they are a large cashed up fortune 500 company.

avalonesa

oh and also, this name is for sale so feel free to offer on it. offer what you think its worth, a resale to an end user could fetch $xx,xxx with this I think, but I'll take any of your offers.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think it is worth a couple of hundred at auction. Most towels are cotton so the first word is a bit irrelevant.

avalonesa

I think it is worth a couple of hundred at auction. Most towels are cotton so the first word is a bit irrelevant.

You would think that, but www.Towels.com redirects to P&G's paper towel product.

So the word means what they want you to think it means. Really, when I hear the world towels, I think of cotton towels and not paper towels, but P&G wants you to think otherwise.

Thats why owning domain names is important. You control the word, you control the brand and you determine what the consumer buys.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Really, when I hear the world towels, I think of cotton towels and not paper towels, but P&G wants you to think otherwise.

That is the key thing,

For the paper towel market, papertowels.com is probably the key domain. For bath towels it is probably towels.com, followed by bathtowels.com, beachtowels.com etc. It doesn't matter what Proter and Gamble redirect towels.com to.

The "cotton" doesn't really add anything which is why the domain is going to have limited appeal & has lowish search stats.

avalonesa

That is the key thing,

For the paper towel market, papertowels.com is probably the key domain. For bath towels it is probably towels.com, followed by bathtowels.com, beachtowels.com etc. It doesn't matter what Proter and Gamble redirect towels.com to.

The "cotton" doesn't really add anything which is why the domain is going to have limited appeal & has lowish search stats.

Yes this is true, I think I might develop on this name and see how it performs in adwords. Now I just need to find a towel drop shipper.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo