What's new

computerlessons.com.au

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Thanks to those who commented. :)

I'm wondering, could you guys help me maximise my Adsense Clicks? I've currently only got 8 clicks over about a week; how can I push this number up?

DavidL

Top Contributor
Thanks to those who commented. :)

I'm wondering, could you guys help me maximise my Adsense Clicks? I've currently only got 8 clicks over about a week; how can I push this number up?

Out of how many impressions? That's the key.

i've been doing a fair bit of work optimising my sites for Adsense clicks in last few weeks. Whilst I'm far from an expert I have found that:

1) Make most if not all ad blocks text only
2) make sure primary ad blocks are above the fold (even for ipads etc)
3) stick an Adsense link unit in too - somewhere where it looks like a menu (heh heh)
4) try to modify the content a bit so that it matches with potential advertisers for your site. Eg maybe use the terms 'computer courses' or maybe even 'computer parts' or 'computer repairs'. It may not be naturally the best fit for the site but at least the advertisers will be a better match (rather than just being Pamela Anderson, Adsense Vouchers or daily deals)

Few ideas there! But let us know CTR for a better idea. I think if you can get to 10%+ for this type of site that's probably pretty good?

Last edited:

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
This Month So Far - 139 impressions, 8 clicks. 5.76% CTR - not great :confused:

1) I will change this! Most of mine are text/images.
2) I have one right at the top on the home page, but will add more for single post pages.
3) SMART! Never thought of that, gonna put that in right now.
4) Good idea; I'll add some more stuff in.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
1 & 2) Alrighty, so many text blocks now added to the site! Most above the fold.
3) Link unit now in sidebar!
4) Just got a better SEO plugin and added heaps more keywords; now I will just have to write some good blog content.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Affiliate Marketing Update

I just signed up to two different affiliate marketing providers, Digital Lead Network, and One Network Direct. I am going to try and get some ads from here for the site.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Update

Hey guys; I've just been told the COR is confirmed! YAY! :D

I will try and keep the updates flowing, but it's coming up to a busy time at the moment. :)

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Thanks for that! I've just returned from the snow and just completed some HSC assessments, so I haven't had much time for this domain lately; but soon. ;)

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Hi Guys!

Just added a little bit more content about Windows 8 to the site, nothing special; just trying to keep it fresh.

I've just gone ahead and hired someone to put together 10000 backlinks to www.computerlessons.com.au for me. Hope it works out well!

QUIZ
I'd love it if you guys could answer my quiz by commenting on the post. Do you think Microsoft is copying Apple? (Or just playing to the current market)
Let us know: http://www.computerlessons.com.au/other/is-microsoft-copying-apple/

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo