What's new

computerlessons.com.au

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Hi All,

So not sure if you have seen me round here before, but I am Scott as previously explained, I am a high school student interested in all things technology and web design (see introduction thread here). This great opportunity Ned has given us should prove a wonderful learning experience, as well as a great way to provide an outreach style challenge to make DNTrade even better than it already is!

Basically my domain is computerlessons.com.au. Why did I pick this? Well computers are first and foremost my hobby, skillset, and passion. I love learning about them, using them, sharing my knowledge, and even creating new things to use on them. I think the term "computer lessons" would be VERY highly searched. I have often seen people saying things like "Instead of you coming and showing me, if I just google computer use lessons will i find it?" So hopefully I can get it to attract a high amount of visitors from the get-go.

As far as prospects for the website go, I plan to organise this over the coming days. But some current things floating around in my head include a categorically arranged blog-site with the categories being different areas of computer lesson information. I hope to include my own articles/tutorials, as well as links to other resources. I will of course put Adsense on the site.

As far as SEO goes, I have had some experience in this (I managed to get a clients site to come up NUMBER 1 on google just by searching a very generic search term) so hopefully I can get this nice and high. I will hopefully be posting linkbacks on various sites to improve visitor numbers.

I would like to say again that I (and sparky) thank Ned heaps here! It certainly seems like a fun, exciting and promising little challenge which will benefit all involved!

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
I definitely love the domain Scott. Nice choice. Definitely something people will be searching for and a great market to capitalise on. The only thing I'm wondering is how will you be able to earn money besides through ads?

neddy

Top Contributor
I reckon it is a great choice Scott. (As is Sparky's).

Horses for course as they say.

To me, this almost screams out for a "directory" web site. I know lots of oldies (and perhaps not so oldies) that would love a few one on one lessons.

Good hunting!

Cheers, Ned

Timmy

Banned
Great initiative Ned, and all the best with it Scott!

The easiest way to learn imo is to DO - so this should be a fantastic opportunity to get some experience :)

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes. :)

Update:
So I have installed wordpress and set a theme and added some very basic stuff to the site. Some adsense code has been put on the site, but I must still continue working with that. Still a long way to go!

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
Hi Everyone; Update Time!

So I know I haven't seemed very active on this, and for that I apologise; been very busy both working, and school, and other organisation meetings, etc (some of which were unforseen). Although I do have semester exams approaching next week, I luckily have a few days off and will work as much as I can on this then.

So basically I am still persisting with my wordpress blog, but I haven't made too many posts. Unfortunately, the google ranking is still in the fourth page for the search "Computer Lessons Online". I have added the site to my google Webmaster Tools, so I can track search terms, impressions, clicks, etc. This should also help my ranking hopefully (optmisation of indexing).

Adsense is still unfortunately rendering no clicks, and hence no money. I think I just have to persist adding content and get the site out there.

For now, that's all!

Honan

Top Contributor
Hey Scott
What WP plugins are you using?
I like headspace combined with simple tags

Honan

Top Contributor
FYI Scott
I find the goog ads work better along the top
The left and right widgets could be used for other things like an RSS feed of a relevant educational news service, and that might make the site more interesting, and even increase SERP
Consider a facebook page and a FB like logo
I am in a good mood and just trying to help
Feel free to ignore me , like others do.

neddy

Top Contributor
I am in a good mood and just trying to help
Feel free to ignore me , like others do.

Brief hijack of thread, but how come you're in a good mood?

Stone the Crows! :D

(Honan is a Saints fan - that's St Kilda for all you NRL fellas).

Honan

Top Contributor
Brief hijack of thread, but how come you're in a good mood?

Stone the Crows! :D

(Honan is a Saints fan - that's St Kilda for all you NRL fellas).

Because I am back in Melbourne, after an overnight in the City Of Churches
Happy I don't live there, although that stone the crows sounds like a good idea. Went to that miserable ground last night that seems to have no name other than its sponsor's
Back on track to Scott
Anybody who knows what CTRL + C means means, already knows what CTRL + C does, if you know what I mean
You should aim at the people who don't know
So you would say
Highlight what you want to copy
HOLD down the CTRL key on your keyboard ( usually located on the bottom left)
Now press the C key while still holding down CTRL
Now let go of both
Why call the site "Computer Lessons on line" when you are the only person in Australia with www.ComputerLessons.com.au ?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo