1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

city.com.au

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Shane, Jan 19, 2011.

1. James

James Membership: VIP

Yeah well I would never advise people to use sub domains, I notice the category level pages of your website are all set up using sub domains.

I work on a government client where they were informed by 1 seo company to change their structure from -

www.website.com to

subdomain.website.com

The change lost 10+ years of SEO work with one switch..Even redirects were not done correctly.

I mean why make sub domains because you have to work on them like separate websites -

domain.website.com
    domain.website.com
    domain.website.com

no link juice is passed on to internal pages, and internal link building is a key area to SEO.

2. Shaun

Shaun Membership: Community

Whilst I agree with you in terms of G, for Yahoo and Bing subdomains work well, if you care about an extra 10-15% traffic, why wouldnt you do it if it was no real effort?

3. James

James Membership: VIP

Every one has their own strategies, I just have seen some really bad instances from SEO with sub domains so I steer clear 100% =)

But on that note City.com

Sold for 2,500 on snapper...

Not picked up on Drop..

Also some nice beach domains too =)

4. Mark

Mark Membership: VIP

Backorders are back

Backorder service is back!

We've changed tack a little, and there is not going to be a limit on the number of domains you can backorder, however there is a restriction of backordering domains that are either expired (in its 30 day grace period) or pendingDelete status.

Feedback welcome

Thanks
    Mark

5. Shane

Shane Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Has the price for backorders been reduced? $70 is a bit steep if you don't even know whether the domain has expired. It will have gone from 50% speculation to near 100% speculation.

* Don't quote me on those percentages! :)

6. pacifier

pacifier Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hi Mark,

I've been trying to backorder two domains - the singular and the plural of generic keyword. Both are not expired or in pendingDelete status. It says domain unavailable to order. Is that mean that somebody else already have backordered them?

7. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    The backorder was never really designed for speculation. It's more for those retail people who have always coveted a domain, perhaps made unanswered approaches and are just frustrated that the domain is sitting unused and unloved.

Although saying that what rhythm so nearly did with hardware.com.au shows there is a use for Domainers too...