What's new

Category defining names owned/in use by big companies

snoopy

Top Contributor
The point is they buy them. If you own one you can try to sell it to a company of their size if its good enough and they want it. Whether they use it or not is not the point of them buying it. They buy it so no one else does in many cases also

Snoopy some people make a lot of money selling names ( including many on this forum). Isnt that one reason you are here because you own some good names also and want to develop. buy or sell them?

That small list proves the point they have value to someone and so do the daily sales results at netfleet.com.au Drop / Fabulous etc

The fact that that the list is small and most redirects or errors is perhaps more of a point. A lot of these names are in the hands of domainers and have been for years. The fact that people even need to think up a list is a sign of that, people used to do the same with new tlds. People would say how microsoft owned console.biz and expedia owned hotels.biz and that was a great thing, when in reality it had very little meaning.

The number of large companies actively buying .com.au's in the aftermarket is very small in my view. The only one that ever gets mentioned here is carsales.

Mike Robertson

Top Contributor
Thanks for the new additions! Sorry I haven't checked in here the last week or so, had a few things come up.

I'll get these added to the list ASAP.

Cheers guys!

Mike

Erwin

Top Contributor
unsure if the list is still being updated but paints.com.au could be added to paint.com.au both redirect to dulux

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member