What's new

Book.com.au etc

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
A few Premium domains in the Netfleet AMA today - whilst they haven't yet reached Reserve, there's some tidy names to pick up for the discerning Buyer, including:-

Book.com.au
Brands.com.au
Cinemas.com.au
Carbohydrate.com.au
Artonline.com.au
BlackFriday.com.au
Cap.com.au

All with healthy xxxx bids on them

DomainNames

Top Contributor
A few Premium domains in the Netfleet AMA today - whilst they haven't yet reached Reserve, there's some tidy names to pick up for the discerning Buyer, including:-

Book.com.au
Brands.com.au
Cinemas.com.au
Carbohydrate.com.au
Artonline.com.au
BlackFriday.com.au
Cap.com.au

All with healthy xxxx bids on them

Hi,

Yes great names you are selling at OMG / Fairfax media. Best of luck

Just wondering if you can share your magic formula for getting such high opening healthy XXXX bids and them getting into the top 10 premium names each day ? Did you do a campaign somewhere and get some traction you can share how you did it?

I was keen to bid but it seems your reserves are high for them all? I noted some drop off the top 10 which I guess didnt sell for example hair.com.au?

Hope you can close some sales. Looks like you have some buyers making very high bids.. might be the same buyer by the looks of their bids? Grab them while you can.. Take the money and see if they close the deal!

Reactions: Oz.

pacifier

Just wondering if you can share your magic formula for getting such high opening healthy XXXX bids and them getting into the top 10 premium names each day ? Did you do a campaign somewhere and get some traction you can share how you did it?

As you said reserves are too high and the bids are the ceiling of what domainer would pay. Here is the cycle:

1. The domain is listed on AMA

2. Domainer bid what is willing to pay [reserve too high]

3. Auction finish [reserve not met]

repeat();

This cycle will be broken if end user come by and bid at least the reserve price or seller reduce reserve to what that domainer bids every time

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
As you said reserves are too high and the bids are the ceiling of what domainer would pay. Here is the cycle:

1. The domain is listed on AMA

2. Domainer bid what is willing to pay [reserve too high]

3. Auction finish [reserve not met]

repeat();

This cycle will be broken if end user come by and bid at least the reserve price or seller reduce reserve to what that domainer bids every time
Guys,

If only we did have the magic formula. I am relatively new to this game, and still learning. You are right that we seek End User Prices and unfortunately do not have the resources to chase them, with so many domains. WhA can look like encouraging opening bids do lead to slight frustration when they pass in. The flip Side is having a Board with lofty expectations, and time on their hands.

Dialogue through these forums and other means is certainly very helpful for me.

Thanks ALL for your feedback and advice.

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
Today's beauties

Today,

We have; cook.com.au - with a more realistic reserve is now on the market and will sell TODAY

Others are getting close:-

dates.com.au
gin.com.au
comparesuperannuation.com.au
entertainer.com.au
escapes.com.au
horsham.com.au
grocerylist.com.au
dancing.com.au

domainguy

I don't see much value in grocerylist.com.au although I do like some other ones like dancing.com.au and escapes.com.au where they have specific commercial values. Great name for individual as well as corporate.

Cheers,
Tom

domainguy

Today,

We have; cook.com.au - with a more realistic reserve is now on the market and will sell TODAY

Others are getting close:-

dates.com.au
gin.com.au
comparesuperannuation.com.au
entertainer.com.au
escapes.com.au
horsham.com.au
grocerylist.com.au
dancing.com.au

I don't see much value in grocerylist.com.au although I do like some other ones like dancing.com.au and escapes.com.au where they have specific commercial values. Great name for individual as well as corporate.

Cheers,
Tom

domainguy

It all comes down to end user and how deep pocket the person is, I guess.

Also the timing may be another factor that contributes the sales success and a bit of luck when there is more than 1 person interested in the name at the same time.

Cheers,
Tom

findtim

Top Contributor
i think its a fact that end uses pay more then domainers, simple wholesale /retail theory, but it also takes a lot of effort to get the end user to understand the value.

i don't see many differences between the term "broker" and "domainer" now, anyone care to enlighten me?

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
i think its a fact that end uses pay more then domainers, simple wholesale /retail theory, but it also takes a lot of effort to get the end user to understand the value.

i don't see many differences between the term "broker" and "domainer" now, anyone care to enlighten me?

tim

Most endusers won't pay much for a domain, typically they will have a budget way below "wholesale price". It is a long waiting game to get what most would call an "enduser price". 100 years on average. ie the typical portfolio of high quality names is likely to sell around 1% a year just by waiting.

Part of it is lack of understanding of value, but that is a two way street and works in favour of domainers in a great number of sales when people pay way more than auction prices. Someone registers a domain then immediately asks $2000 for it. The real value is probably $10 (or less). Personally I aim for the $2000 but that is why the vast majority will walk away. You ask $2000 and they tell you it cost $20 to register, (domainers hate hearing that including myself) but it is an accurate statement of value in most cases.

johno69

Top Contributor
Someone registers a domain then immediately asks $2000 for it.

From what I've seen you can add a couple more zeros to that.

Hand reg then advertise for sale for $24k+ 2 hours later. Some people are just dreamers though and will always be.

findtim

Top Contributor
What happened to book? http://www.netfleet.com.au/Book.com.au

Isnt it best if the name doesnt sell at auction it goes back to standard catalogue with the highest bid it had at end of auction instead of going back to zero?

i don't see that as a good move, the rules in place are what we play by, the highest bidder might have got excited and later wants to not bid that high thus they should be allowed to bow out.

thus if they desire to reenter the bid that is up to them.

the seller sets a reserve and takes a risk of not selling, thats their decision, the potential buyer gives a bid and doesn't met reserve, thats there top offer " AT this moment in time"

what is lacking in the process is the ability to communicate with a bidder that was $1 under reserve ( note i have never AMA'd but just read a heap of posts )

tim

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
What happened to book? http://www.netfleet.com.au/Book.com.au

Isnt it best if the name doesnt sell at auction it goes back to standard catalogue with the highest bid it had at end of auction instead of going back to zero?

That's not how I understood AMAs to work. I believe that FindTim is spot on. That said, the exposure that book.com.au received has meant that we have had some direct interest, so I am confident that a deal will be struck.

At the end of the day, that's what it's all about, regardless of where they come from

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member