What's new

Blackout Week Protest

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Solution
  1. New CEO - auDA has never had so much global bad media and so many complaints from staff, supply and demand. This has hurt the reputation of the .au name space
  2. New Board. Some would be eligible to stay with their valid knowledge, accountability and transparency.
  3. FREE auDA membership and voting rights for all .au domain name registrants ( Canada Model). Let people know who auDA is, what they do and what their policies are. A simply email will help raise awareness.
  4. Better Government oversight
  5. Royal Commission, Senate inquiry into auDA and the auDA Foundation.
  6. Investigation of Conflicts of Interest to date, Tenders, surveys, membership models and processes followed including all aspects of auDA .au name space management
  7. Forensic review of all auDA documents, meeting records etc.

DomainShield

Top Contributor
That's a bit of a stretch. I don't think 1000's of Australian business are flocking to new gtld's somehow.
At drop we had our first customer signup just this week with a new gTLD extension.
XX@eXXXXe.sydney
Since your comment we have also seen a few direct registration examples. Not that these have been released recently but we used to have basically zero signups that where not ending in .com or .com.au.
XX@cXXXXXXe.id
XX@lXXg.io
XX@oXXXy.cc
We have even seen a signup from a XXX.uk email address, so even they are making their way into the wild and starting to become more common place.

Considering that all our drop customers are Australian based or are buying a .com.au domain it might be worth looking at the email addresses you are getting offers from to see if you are also starting to see a greater variety in extensions being used by people contacting you.

Our experience might also be isolated so I am curious to know if anyone else is willing to dig into their data and see how the world is changing for them.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
At drop we had our first customer signup just this week with a new gTLD extension.
XX@eXXXXe.sydney
Since your comment we have also seen a few direct registration examples. Not that these have been released recently but we used to have basically zero signups that where not ending in .com or .com.au.
XX@cXXXXXXe.id
XX@lXXg.io
XX@oXXXy.cc
We have even seen a signup from a XXX.uk email address, so even they are making their way into the wild and starting to become more common place.

Considering that all our drop customers are Australian based or are buying a .com.au domain it might be worth looking at the email addresses you are getting offers from to see if you are also starting to see a greater variety in extensions being used by people contacting you.

Our experience might also be isolated so I am curious to know if anyone else is willing to dig into their data and see how the world is changing for them.

Check your spam filters and their underlying IP addresses :)

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
XX@eXXXXe.sydney
XX@cXXXXXXe.id
XX@lXXg.io
XX@oXXXy.cc

one swallow does not a summer make...

snoopy

Top Contributor
Playing “spot the new tld” is a sign of failure not success.

Please post up your sightings of Microsoft Zune’s and exploded Note 7’s aswell.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I for one stand by what I have said before and I'll say it again. I support direct registrations. Obviously it is pointless here to defend my point of view here so lets just ignore the problem of me being disagreeable.

Did you read these and what do you think? None of these issues have been answered or resolved at all.

Three elected auDA Directors:

• Ned O'Meara
  • Nicole Murdoch
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+&cd=103&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-b

"Our Thoughts On Direct Registration

We were both on the auDA 2015 Names Panel, and part of the Minority Report that did not agree with the need for direct registrations. Two years later we are even more convinced of this. It will effectively be a “double tax” on existing registrants – and an unnecessary “cash grab” by some.
  • Causes confusion in the market place
  • Distracts from a premium domain
  • Possible unfair implementation
  • Forces registrants to “defensively register” domains
  • However, we do realise that there are some who have a different point of view to ourselves. Those that are in favour of direct registration. To them we say this. We respect your point of view – but we’d hope you’d agree and believe in proper process being followed. Our consistent position is that if auDA contacts every single registrant of an .au domain name and gives them the opportunity to “have a say” about introducing direct registrations (with full facts as to costs and implications), then we will accept the majority view. This hasn’t been done to date – and it should be. We must ensure that the decision is truly representational, and not a veiled attempt at pushing an agenda.
  • If a full and proper consultation is not done, we commit to try and overturn the existing direct registration decision at Board level.
  • If we are unsuccessful, then we’ll do our best to ensure that existing com.au registrants are protected and afforded priority rights. Why com.au registrants as opposed to any other .au extension? Because com.au holds approximately 90% of all domains in Australia.
Better Transparency / More Communication
  • auDA is a membership organisation. It is accountable to a range of stakeholders, including both the “Supply” and “Demand” sides of the internet community within Australia. Nothing is more important to us than proper process.
  • auDA members therefore have a right to be regularly informed about the decisions and workings of their Board of Directors, and the CEO and Senior Management.
  • Comprehensive and timely Minutes should be published on the auDA website.
  • Interactive communication is a necessity. This includes a website where members can post questions to management and the Board.
  • Forensic reports about past events need to be released in full (and dealt with if necessary). The blame games and innuendo need to stop.
Proper And Effective Growth
  • We believe that there is great opportunity for all sides of the internet community in Australia to prosper.
  • There needs to be far less red tape for registrants, registrars and resellers. This process is now underway with the recently formed Policy Review Panel, and we look forward to helping enable sensible recommendations if we are elected.
  • Wholesale costs need to be examined, as it seems to us that there also needs to be a fairer distribution of “the pie”.
  • Memberships should be encouraged. Every registrant of a domain name should automatically be entitled to be a free member of auDA (opt-in our opt-out model). This will increase membership numbers, and create a better internet community. Canada does this successfully in their internet space. – “Applying for membership is easy, free and open to any .CA holder.”
  • We’d like to see no more “them and us” mentality (as in Supply and Demand members). Having two types of memberships creates a divide. Let’s work together for the good of the domain space instead of against each other. We need to focus on pushing the space forward, not on acting against whatever the “other side” wants.
Designed by grumpy.com.au | Powered by Members"

DomainShield

Top Contributor
Did you read these and what do you think? None of these issues have been answered or resolved at all.
They are demand class directors so I did not read them in order to vote. I did read them because Ned is a really knowledgeable guy and I have had many an interesting debate with him here, on the telephone and in person too. He is currently in Bali so I have free reign to run my mouth off for a few days before he comes back and sets me straight.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member