What's new

Benefits of Google Analytics & AdSense Integration

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
This article assumes you are familiar with both products.

Before I begin, let me just say if you don't currently use Google Analytics (or a similar product) than you should considering setting your sites up immediately. Without analytic tools in place you may be wasting your time on certain areas or missing out on potential earning opportunities. For the small amount of effort it takes to setup, you will be rewarded for your efforts in the long run.

I won't go over how to integrate the two products, as there are plenty of resources available already, rather I will outline some of the potential benefits and uses of the data.

I hope some of you find it useful. Depending on the response I will look at doing a series of similar articles where I go into more detail.

------------------------------------------------------------

Benefits of Google Analytics & AdSense Integration

As most of you would be well aware, Google Analytics (GA) allows you to easily track, measure and analyse detailed statistics about visitors to your websites. It's also great for tracking the ROI of your online marketing efforts.

However, as a domainer with sites monetized using AdSense, Analytics by itself only gives you half of the picture. Integrating your accounts gives you access to new reports that are useful for monitoring and optimising earnings.

Advantages of integrating

Many publishers only monitor their revenue based on the ad types they are using and the amount of revenue they are earning. Sure, this is a great place to start as certain ad units and positioning can drastically alter your earnings, however integrating the two data sets provides you with a greater insight into your ad clicks, which in turn allows you to easily identify the content or pages that generate the best (and worst) revenue for you.

Additionally, by tracking referral links such as search engine keywords, you can make more informed decisions on how to optimise your AdSense units and content creation.

Maximise earnings by narrowing your focus

Identify the best performing pages

It's not necessarily true that your most popular pages in terms of traffic are the ones generating the most revenue. Integrating the products will enable you to see not only how much a page has earned, but also the overall percentage of earnings for the given time period.

Finding these pages is important, as it means you can now analyse the content found within them and identify common patterns such as the layout, ad placement, ad size and blending options etc.

Once you have found these trends, you can then begin to roll them out onto across your other pages and sites - and over time increase your overall revenue.

Additionally, not only can you use this information for your on page SEO efforts, but also off site - such as building links to boost or establish your search engine rankings.

Optimise your time

Gaining insight into which pages are making you money will also allow you to focus your online marketing efforts.
You may find that a single page significantly outperforms the conversion rate of other pages, and sometimes even a few percent can make a big difference. When you find a page like this, you may like to focus your time and energy on optimising that single page, as increasing the CTR may yield greater overall return for your efforts than working on improving other pages that generate only a few dollars.

A good place to start is by using the top content earnings report to find the best performing pages and then work your way down the list.

Find profitable keywords

Clicking on a given URL within in the AdSense content enables you to drill down and see which keywords are the most profitable for the given page, with the highest paying keywords listed at the top.

As with the best performing pages, you can use this information to establish trends. Once these patterns have been established, you can use the information to produce optimised content -not just for search engines but also for revenue.

Please feel free to ask me any questions by posting on here. Questions and answers help lots of other people!

Cheers,
Richard

Ash

Top Contributor
I will dog-ear this page for some weekend reading... thanks for the article Richard.

seolyka2

Great post admin. It's really helpful to integrate Adsense to your Google Analytics account as this help you to improve more your ad performance and user experience as well.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member