What's new

auDA threatens SGM & Members with Court

snoopy

Top Contributor
Paul, what Angelo does is his own private business. It was a confidential application process and whether he did or didn't apply is nobody elses business but his own. Nobody else on these forums has said whether or not they applied and nor should they need to.

If it is true that the CEO of a registrar is attempting to become a demand class director that is everyone's business.

But to put you out of your misery, I'm very confident that he is not on the shortlist of candidates because they have already been contacted and I would have known by now if they had contacted him (our walls are pretty thin), so now you can sit and wonder like the rest of us just who they are planning on bringing in.

If it is true (and you seem to be suggesting that now after a couple of days of denial) it is symbolic of all the problems with auDA, supply side constantly attempting to "capture" demand side and therefore control of auDA. Nothing much has changed in that department since 2007 it seems,

https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/our-org/board-meetings/2007/070416/

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 6.58.28 pm.png

snoopy

Top Contributor
By the way, when you say it was a “confidential application process”, you do realise that auDA is a disaster zone right now?

They just leaked the PPB report to a journalist, possibly the most confidential document auDA have ever had possession of.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
"Board Minutes - Feb 20, 2012
Public Version
Meeting of the .au Domain Administration Board
20 February 2012, 11.00am
.au Domain Administration Limited. 114 Cardigan Street. Carlton VIC 3053
9. Membership The following membership applications were approved in the classes indicated:

• Angelo Giuffrida Demand
  • VentraIP Group (Aust P/L (Angelo Giuffrida) Supply"
____
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2672195&p=15

User #294894 2269 posts
Angelo Giuffrida
VentraIP Australia

Service Provider
http://whrl.pl/Re8pZr
herring | anchor
Reply to this post
posted Wednesday at 11:42 am
ursulasays writes...

Best outcome is the registrars lose their stranglehold on the board,

There is not a single registrar representative on the board right now, and hasn't been for some time.

which is the real reason no real progress has been made in many, many years

Progress has not been made because the current membership model has not allowed it to – and the Government review says exactly that.

The four key points (taken from auDA) that are outlined in the report are:
  • The current membership model, and its relationship to corporate governance, is impeding auDA’s decision-making and is contributing to ongoing organisational instability
  • The membership class structure is not reflective of the Australia’s internet community nor auDA’s stakeholders
  • The current process where the majority of directors are appointed from the membership does not support effective governance outcomes
  • Directors can be appointed to the Board with little regard to the skills required to effectively govern a modern domain administrator. Directors are not required to meet probity, security or conflict of interest checks.
The demand members are the ones who wanted the Government to step in, they got it, and now they now need to accept the recommendations and help push them through since reforms to the constitution need to be approved by the existing membership base."

Last edited:

Cheyne

Top Contributor
(and you seem to be suggesting that now after a couple of days of denial)

I was offering a hypothetical. If you want to read in to that then that is your business.

it is symbolic of all the problems with auDA, supply side constantly attempting to "capture" demand side

Are you actually serious? Need I remind you that Ehran currently occupies a supply seat when he is not a supply member and his company is registered as a demand member. o_O

At the last elections the demand side actively sought to stack votes and place people on the board by ensuring that many people had two or more votes. This is fact. Look at the list and check to see how many double ups in surnames there are, in business interests who are registered as demand when they should probably be supply. Would it have changed the outcome? Probably not, but the point is that it should never have been allowed to happen in the first place! How many double votes are there in supply? Zero.

THIS is the problem with the system the way it currently stands and WHY it needs to be abolished sooner rather than later.

Stop with the woe is me rubbish and understand that in less than twelve months SUPPLY AND DEMAND WILL NOT EXIST!

By the way, when you say it was a “confidential application process”, you do realise that auDA is a disaster zone right now?

So what?!?!

Tim came to these very forums and told EVERYBODY that they should consider applying because it is a casual vacancy. Did you apply Paul? Because if you didn't and seem so convinced that Angelo did, then it means that he has done more to try and get involved and fix these problems than you have.

Nobody should be ashamed of applying for a position like this because they are giving their time to help make the industry better for everyone, and to try and publicly shame somebody for doing so (even when you have no proof that they have) is just plain wrong.

Cheyne

Top Contributor
  • Angelo Giuffrida Demand
  • Cheyne Johnston Demand
Sean, even though I am not a demand member and haven't been since 2013 (I never renewed after the first year because I didn't see the point), I am very happy with the Government review and I am glad to see auDA accept the reforms in their entirety.

So now we can all set the clock and see what happens. If they don't meet the time frames given then out they go and who knows who will come in to replace them.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
even though I am not a demand member and haven't been since 2013 (I never renewed after the first year because I didn't see the point), I am very happy with the Government review and I am glad to see auDA accept the reforms in their entirety.

So now we can all set the clock and see what happens. If they don't meet the time frames given then out they go and who knows who will come in to replace them.

Agreed.

But the SGM should be allowed to proceed without any threats or targeting of anyone who has called it or supported it...

I think it is a grave mistake for auDA or anyone to proceed to court action or other threats or targeting of anyone.

Let the SGM process proceed.

Government is watching closely as are media.

A court action by auDA against their own auDA Members would obliterate any chances of auDA existing and I do not think it would vote well for any of those who pushed for it at auDA or their advisors.

As a "not for profit" under review by Government auDA needs to realise they should not have the mindset of large ASX corporates who can do what they want.. .. nor should they take any advice which tells them to act that way.

If auDA does not listen to the concerns raised and if auDA keeps going on their path or court threats I have no doubt they will cause a much larger uprising across the broader community, Government on many sides and millions of existing .au domain name consumers who have funded the massive auDA profits will really start to dig a lot deeper..... what will people find. auDAS seems to admit a lot of problems already from their management of the .au name space but how much more is there? Was it an own goal which has raised a lot more questions?
https://www.auda.org.au/news/letter/
https://www.auda.org.au/news/from-the-auda-chair-150-day-report/

auDA and their media advisors / PR companies can spin it how they like where are the promised auDA Minutes to prove things have improved and how accurate are any auDA Agendas and Minutes at all?

auDA where are the Board Agenda's and Minutes you promised from the last SGM?
What has improved really? How can you be trusted to change before the next AGM or ever?
"2017 auDA Board Minutes and Agendas now on Website
Posted by auDA on 8 August 2017

As noted in the Board Communique last Thursday 3 August 2017 and consistent with our commitment to our members, we have reinstated the 2017 Board Minutes (up until June 2017, with subsequent Board Minutes to be posted in due course) and agendas. They can be found on the auDA Board Meetings page."

https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/our-org/board-meetings/

Board Meeting Agenda Minutes
13 February 2017 PDF PDF
24 April 2017 PDF PDF
22 May 2017 PDF PDF
19 June 2017 PDF PDF
24 July 2017 PDF PDF
31 July 2017 NOTHING PDF
2 August 2017 NOTHING PDF
14 August 2017 PDF PDF
16 August 2017 NOTHING PDF
21 August 2017 PDF PDF
6 September 2017 NOTHING PDF
26 September 2017 PDF PDF
23 October 2017 PDF PDF
26 October 2017 NOTHING PDF
13 November 2017 NOTHING NOTHING
12 December 2017 NOTHING PDF
18 December 2017 NOTHING PDF

auDA Board Meeting Schedule 2018

Board Meeting Agendas Minutes
13 February 2018 NOTHING NOTHING
26 March 2018 NOTHING NOTHING
May 1, 2017
"All previous Board Minutes and Agendas have been taken down. This is despite an assurance at the auDA AGM in November from Stuart Benjamin (Chair, auDA) and Cameron Boardman (CEO) that communication and transparency with Members would improve. "

Transfer of Authority for the .au ccTLD Report on auDA's Achievements and Capacity to Manage Domain Names in Australia 9 October 2000

"The auDA Board strives to ensure that it conducts business in an open and accountable manner, including regularly publishing minutes of meetings and making all relevant documents available to members and the general public."

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor
I was offering a hypothetical. If you want to read in to that then that is your business.

Ok, so we have changed back to denial that he applied again?

Are you actually serious? Need I remind you that Ehran currently occupies a supply seat when he is not a supply member and his company is registered as a demand member. o_O

At the last elections the demand side actively sought to stack votes and place people on the board by ensuring that many people had two or more votes. This is fact. Look at the list and check to see how many double ups in surnames there are, in business interests who are registered as demand when they should probably be supply. Would it have changed the outcome? Probably not, but the point is that it should never have been allowed to happen in the first place! How many double votes are there in supply? Zero.

THIS is the problem with the system the way it currently stands and WHY it needs to be abolished sooner rather than later.

Supply side wrote the book when it comes to branch stacking, supply related people in demand class, relatives joining, multiple companies owned by the same people joining, friends from other boards joining, companies with near exactly the name joining, putting in non demand people (friends and associates) via casual vacancies. They didn't even care that it is completely obvious. The end result was supply related people being elected to demand class, directors switching sides, directors claiming to now be independent, directors who know near nothing about the industry.

See my submission to the government on these issues,

https://www.communications.gov.au/sites/g/files/net301/f/submissions/paul_shaw_submission.pdf

Tim came to these very forums and told EVERYBODY that they should consider applying because it is a casual vacancy. Did you apply Paul? Because if you didn't and seem so convinced that Angelo did, then it means that he has done more to try and get involved and fix these problems than you have.

Nobody should be ashamed of applying for a position like this because they are giving their time to help make the industry better for everyone, and to try and publicly shame somebody for doing so (even when you have no proof that they have) is just plain wrong.

I don't think Tim meant that supply related people should apply! Why not answer the question about Angelo instead of dancing around it? Did he apply or not?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
auDA has now wasted auDA funds to try and delay the SGM. Court hearing this week as they try their delay tactics.

All members need to watch carefully how $$$$ are being pi$$ed away and by who and why at auDA.

Meanwhile Registrars, Resellers and Consumers keep getting ripped off as auDA refuses to pass on the 60% lower Afilias price and to keep the money for themselves to continue wasting on avoidable problems and avoidable expenses!

I suppose those trying for the delay will keep taking their paychecks as it drags out..and they will use auDA funds to make sure they do..

What are the salary packages and expenses? How much can they continue to make personally by dragging it out and by auDA using auDA funds to make this happen?
  1. Cameron Boardman (CEO): Salary package, benefits, expenses, FBT?
  2. Chris Leptos Chair: Salary package, benefits, expenses, FBT?
  3. Sandra Hook: Salary package, benefits, expenses, FBT?
  4. Suzanne Ewart: Salary package, benefits, expenses, FBT?

What is their payout if they resign now or if they stay and are removed?

Should members see the financials involved for each party?
What are costing?
What payouts will cost if removed or if they resign now?

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor
A dark day in auDA's history.

I suppose those trying for the delay will keep taking their paychecks as it drags out..and they will use auDA funds to make sure they do..

Yes, the are going to keep the money rolling in for a long as possible. Federal court action against the organisations own members to extend their positions by a few months?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
How much are auDA Lawyers getting paid for all of this?

Where can members and stakeholders / government read the itemised billing?

Will this be on public record and financials so we can all see clearly how much they billed and can we go for a costs assessment also for the year on all legal bills via another SGM demanding it?

It seems yet another example of auDA Management and Board blowing massive .au domain name Consumer $$$$ money on legal billing they could avoided..

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor

Cheyne, Did you manage to find out if Angelo is running? People are saying he did apply, is that not true?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member