DNTrade (DNT) both welcomes and thanks all of you for being a part of this growing Australian domain name community. In order to maintain the smooth operation of the forum and prevent problems we ask that all of our members follow these simple rules at all times. These rules exist to benefit all DNT members. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact us.
WHAT TO DO!
- USE YOUR COMMON SENSE – Most of the rules below should be fairly obvious and common sense to most people.
- ENJOY AND SHARE – DNTrade is all about promoting and sharing information related to the .au domain space in Australia and any other relevant industry news. If you come across something you feel will benefit others in the community please share and discuss it! DNT is a place for everyone to enjoy, share and learn from one another.
- SHOW RESPECT – While debate and discussion is fine, please remember to treat fellow members in a respectful, civilised and adult manner. Members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. While DNT encourages free speech, disruption of the harmony is not good!
- LISTEN – If the admin or moderator has requested something of you, please listen to them and remember it is not personal. They have a duty to maintain the harmony of the forum. Abusive comments to the admin or moderators will not be tolerated.
- KEEP YOUR WORD – If you do buy or sell domains through the marketplace, please ensure you complete your side of the deal. Complaints about non-completion will be viewed very dimly. If you do plan to sell domains, they must be your own and do not sell on behalf of someone else.
- THINK TWICE – DNT will not delete posts unless they violate the rules. Members have up to 10 minutes to edit or delete a post after it is made. However, after this time has lapsed the post shall remain so please don’t request changes from the admin or moderator.
- KEEP YOUR FORUM SIGNATURE SHORT – While we want to encourage users to express themselves, we would also like to remind them to keep their DNTrade signature as short as possible so that they do not detract from the posts on the forum. Guidelines for signatures:
– Max 3 lines
– Max 250 characters
– No promotional language
– One link is permitted (up to 4 links permitted for Trader or VIP members)
– No duplicate links to the same URL
– No affiliate links
– Conforms to DNTrade rules
– DNTrade reserves the right to delete or to ask you to revise your signature
- CLEARLY IDENTIFY EXTERNAL CONTENT (OR LINKS TO) – Please use the “quote” functionality on the forum software (the Insert Quote button or the “[QUOTE]the copied content here.[/QUOTE]” bbCode) when referring to content from other sites. Please do not just post a link, or just use copied text as the main content for your posts. Unlike many other forums, we do encourage people to share relevant and interesting content from other sites, however it’s important that you add some of your own unique comments and make it clear what content you have copied by using quotes and a link to the original source. This type of content is also better received by members.
WHAT NOT TO DO!
- NO BULLYING – Please do not post material that harasses, insults, belittles, threatens or flames another member.
- NO RUDE, ABUSIVE, DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, RACIST, DISCRIMINATORY MATERIAL – Please do not post material that is obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, and/or otherwise in violation of any laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, posted images, photos and avatars. Admin will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- NO TROLLING – Please do not post any topic that aims to disrupt the peace and harmony of the forum with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles, signatures and avatars.
- NO SPAMMING – Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. Nor should anyone mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site with the same message.
- NO BUMPING – Please do not repeatedly bump your threads (or other members threads) to try and get attention.
- NO ILLEGAL BEHAVIOUR – Please do not post material that is fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or that is in violation of any laws including copyright, privacy or confidentiality breaches.
- NO DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS – Each member is allowed one login account only. Registering with multiple accounts is not permitted, with the exception to this being members representing DNTrade sponsors, in this case they are allowed a personal account and an account acting on behalf of the sponsor company (however we require full disclosure in your introduction post).
- NO COMMENTS IN SALES THREADS – Please refrain from comments in sales threads. Only questions pertaining to the sale at hand. For other queries, please PM the seller.
- NO PROMOTING OR LINKING – Promoting or linking to other domain name or webmaster related forums (or any forum that resembles the structure and/or content of DNT) in your posts, signatures, avatars or in any way on the forum is not permitted. The exception to this rule is DNForum.com because we have a friendly cross promotion agreement with them.
- NO AFFILIATE LINKS OR ADVERTISING – Please do not post affiliate links or other advertising in any manner or form. We keep this forum going by advertising revenue from our sponsors and therefore competition is unhelpful and not accepted.
- NO REPRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTING OF CONTENT – All content on DNTrade.com.au may not be duplicated or replicated anywhere other than on DNT.
- NO DISCUSSION OF MODERATOR ACTIONS – Whether you agree or disagree with actions taken by admins and moderators on DNTrade.com.au, we request that you do not discuss on the forum. If you wish, you may discuss the matter privately with the Admin via email or private message.
DNTRADE.COM.AU (DNT) RESERVES THE RIGHT!
- NOT TO DELETE ACCOUNTS – If you no longer wish to participate in the forum, your account will remain including all existing posts. In the case where members are banned, the account and all posts will remain.
- NOT TO CHANGE USER NAMES – User names are a way for the community to recognise each other and to build rapport and trust. You may submit a request to the admin to a change your user name but please detail the reason for the request. We reserve the right to share the user name change with the community.
- NOT TO GET INVOLVED IN 3RD PARTY DISPUTES – This includes other members or sponsors. All opinions and posts made by members do not necessarily reflect those of DNT. We are a discussion forum where members have the right to free speech. Please resolve domain sales disputes off the board. If you have an issue with someone on the forum, take it up with them privately. Please do not attempt to involve DNT into your discussions. While admins and moderators do attempt to keep objectionable messages off the forum, it’s impossible for us to review all messages. All posts are the views of the author and DNT holds no responsibility for the content of any message.
- TO DECIDE WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE AND NOT ACCEPTABLE ON THE SITE – Ultimately, Admin has complete discretion over what is and is not acceptable on the DNT. Admin decisions are final. Admin reserves the right to remove offensive posts without notice. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a decision, please discuss privately with Admin via email or private message. Posts arguing about DNT policies; or admin /moderator actions are not allowed.
- TO BAN ANYONE WHO WILFULLY VIOLATES ANY OF THE FORUM RULES ABOVE – Admin reserves the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates any of these forum rules without warning. Such ban can either be limited or permanent at our discretion.
- UPDATE THE RULES – Please note that these rules are subject to change without notice.
While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. We therefore reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure DNTrade.com.au not disrupted or abused in any way.
Thank you for reading these rules. If you have any comments or suggestions, always happy to hear them. 🙂