What's new

auDA .au Survey - Thanks for telling members. NOT

Lemon

Top Contributor
The phase two quantitative survey is being sent to .au domain name owners, a proportional number across the different 2LDs from 27 April 2017 and a general public survey option for those interested in complete the survey is available here: http://survey.confirmit.com.au/wix/p1793193.aspx. This survey will be open for just over two weeks, unless the maximum numbers are reached prior.

Thanks for informing members and domain owners auda. It does actually help if you inform us what is going on in your secret society.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Once again auDA has chosen to try and lead votes a certain way. They ask people if they are aware of .uk and .nz ... BUT auDA does not disclose the facts those have failed.

Here is a suitable end comment to put into the survey. Let's see if they do publish survey comments in full this time...
  1. "auDA and the auDA Board know the .uk and .nz have failed.
  2. auDA and the auDA Board have been guilty of possibly manipulating false and misleading information to promote the additional competing .au extension.
  3. Auda Board members Ausregistry and Melbourne IT ( and associated entities) seemed to engage in conduct in possible breach of various laws by promoting material which was False and Misleading. .. by claiming the .uk and .nz was " remarkably successful" when they have not been at all.
  4. Melbourne IT ( and associated entities) sent out false and misleading Yes Only Vote campaigns to sway results... at the time Melbourne IT was on the auDA Board.
  5. auDA must contact every existing .com.au and .net.au owner and provide them the true facts including the failed .uk and .nz results
UK fact the .uk has failed and is NOT "remarkably successful" as claimed
https://www.nominet.uk/news/reports-statistics/uk-register-statistics-2017/

NZ fact the .nz has failed and is not "remarkably successful" as claimed "Figure 3 shows the total number of domain names increased from 640,342 (at 1 April 2015) to 656,607 (at 31 March 2016) – a growth of 16,265, or 2.5 percent. The dip between February and March 2016 reflects the one-year anniversary of the end of the preferential registration and registration period - an important part of the registrations direct at the second level change. It appears that some registrants, having exercised their preferential registration rights, have subsequently let the shorter version of their name drop. "
https://www.dnc.org.nz/sites/default/files/2016-08/Domain Name Commission - Annual Report - .pdf

auDA seems to be ignoring the facts and is pushing on regardless with the un needed proposed competing additional .au extension.

auDA staff have engaged parties they knows personally to do the independent .au research"

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I highly recommend that everyone completes this survey:
http://survey.confirmit.com.au/wix/p1793193.aspx

It's very important that your views are captured, because the changes under consideration could have massive ramifications for our industry.

Don't leave it too late: the survey is only open for a short time.

No names needed on the survey and guess what? What is the stop supply rigging this survey again like the last ones?? I am sure they have been spamming it.. Dont doubt it.. it was done last time and auDA knew it but still relied on those Yes only votes generated by Melbourne IT and their associated entities email campaign.

There are obvious problems with the way the questions have been written. Who writes this stuff?

Any takers for a class action lawsuit yet?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I highly recommend that everyone completes this survey:
http://survey.confirmit.com.au/wix/p1793193.aspx

It's very important that your views are captured, because the changes under consideration could have massive ramifications for our industry.

Don't leave it too late: the survey is only open for a short time.

The proposed changes are so massive for Australian ,Business and the existing 3 million registrants that auDA and the auDA Board have chosen to not let people know,,, Another semi secret Bulls$ht survey for 2 weeks only.

auDA and the auDA Board have lost a lot of credibility over the years.. things are not improving.. look at the suggestions list.. things are getting even worse actually.

auda has this list https://www.dntrade.com.au/threads/...st-your-suggestions-for-auda-and-board.11047/

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
No names needed on the survey and guess what? What is the stop supply rigging this survey again like the last ones?? I am sure they have been spamming it.. Dont doubt it.. it was done last time and auDA knew it but still relied on those Yes only votes generated by Melbourne IT and their associated entities email campaign.

There are obvious problems with the way the questions have been written. Who writes this stuff?

Any takers for a class action lawsuit yet?
I completely understand your concerns with the processes to date, but I also think it's important to focus on actions that will help deliver results.

The qualitative interviews and quantitative survey are likely to be fundamental to the decisions that will be made.

Policy development and implementation will be shaped by the input received from stakeholders. Given that's the case, it's in our interests to provide our input by making submissions, engaging in consultation processes and completing surveys.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
well this question puzzled me.
WHAT POLICY? WHERE is the POLICY?
if your going to ask a question like that then surely you need a reference?

its rigged to select the last two options -

upload_2017-4-30_22-41-36.png

snoopy

Top Contributor
The proposed changes are so massive for Australian ,Business and the existing 3 million registrants that auDA and the auDA Board have chosen to not let people know,,, Another semi secret Bulls$ht survey for 2 weeks only.

auDA and the auDA Board have lost a lot of credibility over the years.. things are not improving.. look at the suggestions list..

Agree, this is just about AUDA ticking off the right boxes so they can justify themselves down the track "Well we did a bunch of surveys and it seemed demand was high?".

They are asking again about whether people want .au or not? Expect the result of that question to be only released if they get a favourable result. Reminds me of some of the surveys that done around new tlds where they use small sample sizes and are known to only release reports where it works in their favour.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I completely understand your concerns with the processes to date, but I also think it's important to focus on actions that will help deliver results.

The qualitative interviews and quantitative survey are likely to be fundamental to the decisions that will be made.

Policy development and implementation will be shaped by the input received from stakeholders. Given that's the case, it's in our interests to provide our input by making submissions, engaging in consultation processes and completing surveys.

I was told this in December by an auDA Board Supply member and auDA staff member separately ,,,

"The plan is the .au will come in from July (2017). It will be open for 2 years and the first year will be FREE for the .au. It will be reserved for .com.au owners."

"We have until July from the government to get ourselves in order ( Conversation December 2016 between myself and the CEO) "

"I'm in Canberra the government called me in as they have concerns.." auDA Ceo phone conversation with myself 2016.

For them to say this made me so furious I have invested my time to help expose this con job and for my time to meet with Deloitte and also tell them what I know.

If any auDA staff members or auDA Board members can update people or this information go for it!

With the change of wholesale registry I think auDA has more time now BUT they seem to be clear on this path no matter what spin and surveys they make up,

Supply is pushing for the extra money and so is auDA. Pity the existing 3 million domain name owners rights or opinions. This is 100% a con job for more profits.

auDA and the auDA board know the clear failure stats of .uk and .nz yet they keep saying they are models we are just going to follow... It is even on the survey.. see they mention both again thinking it helps their cause?

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
I agree, this is a worry. It certainly made a mockery of the previous survey results.

Yes, the questions are poorly constructed in many cases.

Yes, members should have been notified about the survey.

However, I still think that we should complete the survey, because I know that other stakeholders will be.

If indeed the survey is gamed (again), then I think auDA will have plenty of people knocking on their door.

So if you oppose direct registrations, as I do, then you should be selecting "I strongly oppose the policy" as the answer to this question:
"Firstly, how do you feel about the proposed policy to allow names to be registered directly under .au?"

There's also a free text box at screen 23, which offers another opportunity to outline your concerns ("Do you have anything further you wish to add in regards to the changes in domain name registration and how this change might be implemented?")

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member