1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

auDA .au Survey - Thanks for telling members. NOT

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Lemon, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    perhapes, EMAIL???

auda newsletter......WOW, that will go to 240 people as opposed to 2 million domain owners !!!

upload_2017-4-30_23-36-23.png

2. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I was talking more broadly than just auDA members when I used the term "stakeholders", but yes there are certainly some rather 'questionable' inclusions for demand class membership.

DomainNames likes this.
  3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I wonder if the government's level of concern has gone up after the Ausregistry debacle. Seems a similar hot potato politically, for example if the media spin this is a negative light, such as "small business forced to pay twice", "a double tax levied by a government organisation" etc. The trust level between AUDA and the government has surely gone down since December. I can imagine all those government conversations around "concern", maybe AUDA hopes to use more survey results to persuade the government?

I think at the end of the day the government will override AUDA (again?) if they think it is a bad idea politically once AUDA has finalised its plans and done all its reports.

DomainNames likes this.
  4. Scott7

Scott7 Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    survey.au o_O done.

DomainNames and eBranding.com.au like this.
  5. snoopy

Your pet can only do the survey if they are an existing AUDA member.

Scott7 likes this.
  6. Rhythm

Rhythm Membership: VIP

The survey is long but necessary
    The questions and options were straightforward

7. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    What is horrifying about this survey is that it appears that you can complete it more than once - I've gone through it and completed it three times now, to see if I can identify all the questions as they seem to vary depending on previous answers. It doesn't seem to exclude you via IP or cookie.

Obviously if this is the case the survey is open to potential abuse, making any results questionable to say the least...

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Scott7, Bacon Farmer, Lemon and 2 others like this.
  8. Andrew Wright

auDA Member:
    Yes
    "Hey, we didn't get the answer that we wanted from you, so we'll ask you again. Get it right this time..."

[​IMG]

johno69 and Scott7 like this.
  9. Andrew Wright

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Hmmm.

10. snoopy

Worrying given AUDA's prior history of survey collection and usage. It is also pretty much a duplication of the phone surveys they are doing at the moment.

11. Andrew Wright

auDA Member:
    Yes
    …No image verification to screen out bots, no trackers of any kind (even google analytics) reported by ghostery, hosted on Wix. It's all looking a bit Mickey Mouse...

johno69, Scott7 and neddy like this.
  12. Lemon

Lemon Membership: Trader

I just noticed the wording on the auda site. Sounds like to me it is a 100% done deal. If I could see the auda minutes then we would know if it had been voted on by the board. This would help clear up speculation at least.

Scott7 likes this.
  13. eBranding.com.au

eBranding.com.au Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
  14. snoopy

15. Scott.L

Scott.L Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Look at the way this is worded.

"Changes in domain name registration" the entire survey is about implementation of a new extension it has nothing to do with changes in domain registration - Domain registration will remain the same regardless if auDA bring .au into the market.

it would be different if the survey was about "changes to how registration processes are currently done via registries" questions like, "would you consider inputing your domain name registration details with your toes " now that would be relevant to the survey.

upload_2017-5-1_11-55-56.png

16. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

No tracking = not valid.

Was that done on purpose or are they just incompetent?

snoopy likes this.
  17. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

ahhh those supply coerced database of Yes voters again like before in past surveys..... auDA still will count them of course.

I am waiting for someone to attach a screen shot of the Supply Yes Only Vote survey email campaign again like last time!

auDA should invite every existing Australian Domain Name Registrant to survey. auDA should put the word " proposed" in front of many areas of the survey.

Also perhaps some information of disclosure on the survey:
    1. The additional initial and ongoing costs involved to existing registrants.
    2. The profits auDA or any auDA Board related entities may make. It could even be foreseeable registrants who have IP concerns may contact auDA Board related parties for professional advice?
    3. Factual stats about the failed .uk and failed .nz extensions which where only bought in using the same type of supply generated false and misleading propaganda.

snoopy likes this.
  18. DomainNames

DomainNames Membership: Community

Just a hint of why Ausregistry wanted to remain the wholesale registry to sell another 3 million Australian names and keep that Cash Cow giving.

There is no innovation in adding another competing extension. It has failed in the .UK and failed in the .NZ Call it for what it was.. Propaganda for more Profits.. nice try from an auDA Board member supplier!

People are waking up finally.. let's see if the new CEO has the guts to stand up to the Supply dominated auDA board's profit motives... or even the extra profit motives of auDA itself. How much profit is enough auDA? No wonder people are looking at other options from the now 3000 extensions available.. auDA anf the board are hurting the Australian Domain space not helping it!

https://www.ausregistry.com.au/product-innovation-will-produce-the-next-3-million-au-domains
    "auDA Board Member".... Supply and Demand...LOL

Achieving 3 million domains is great, but it is not the finishing line and we now need to acknowledge the future challenges we face in the market. It is vital that we protect this national asset and honour the investment made in the namespace with every domain name sale to date.

*Disclosure: I’m a panel member of the auDA 2015 Names Policy Panel. AusRegistry submitted a position paper to the panel for consideration.

snoopy likes this.
  19. Bacon Farmer

Bacon Farmer Membership: VIP

Just got an invitation for the auDA survey that was addressed to my email address used for my dealings with Netregistry. Should I fill it out again :)

20. Andrew Wright

auDA Member:
    Yes
    The irony is that AusRegistry is now not in a position to benefit from all their lobbying/influence with auDA.

snoopy, Scott.L and neddy like this.