What's new

auDA 60% Foreign Controlled

snoopy

Top Contributor
How about you take the video down so that you stop misinforming your audience (and making yourself look uneducated on the topic), and re-shoot it with factually correct information?

When will you answer the questions I asked about Ventraip's memberships?

michaelg

Of the 311 Members in the Member List from 15 February 2018, 148 are individuals in the Australian Business Register
Of the 1004 New Members in the Member List from 23 July 2018 compared to 15 February 2018 list, 135 are individuals in the Australian Business Register

Cheyne

Top Contributor
So the the executive chairman of Ventraip, Cheyne Jonstone, thinks it's ok to flood the membership of auDA with foreign workers but wants us to buy local.
Listen mate, if you care to recall, my plea regarding the foreign ownership of the top 3 registrars and the registry operator fell on deaf ears to everybody here because you all thought that by getting rid of Neustar and bringing in Afilias that it would save you money on your portfolios. How did that work out for you?

Meanwhile, my position on the foreign ownership of registrars and the registry operator hasn't changed, but suddenly your position has now changed because you didn't get what you wanted by flipping Neustar the bird and now you have a bunch of foreign members signed up and ready to vote.

And let's put this in to proper perspective by correcting you on some of your misinformed statements.

We had ~30 staff who signed up to become an auDA member because we already had a bunch who had already done so prior. They did so after an all-staff meeting (which is easy when you're all in the same office) and we told our team about the current state of the industry and the benefits of becoming a member.

Are they all Australian citizens? Yes.

Are they all registrants of a .au domain name? Yes.

Therefore, every single person who works for my company who has signed up for membership fits the racial profile that you all think it should be, so your beef about foreigners being members has nothing to do with me.

But for an inconvenient truth, wind the clock back twelve months and take a look at the lengths you and the others here went to when you stacked the membership with friends and family members, in additional to several of you having both supply and demand memberships for an each-way bet, but you deemed this to be 'okay' because it was to your benefit. Again I ask, how did that work out for you?

My company employs more local staff and pays more taxes in this country than all of you here collectively, so don't ever question my commitment and loyalty because I will have it over you in spades.

Now let's talk about you.

You have hitched your wagon to three people who have made (in my personal opinion, which I am entitled to hold) the poor choice of calling for an SGM that will not see a benefit for Australian domain name consumers (you know, the people you claim to represent?).

It is being led by a guy who has a clear personal vendetta and score to settle, and sidelined by one person who continues to make up stories about 'things he's heard', and the other who doesn't even know the difference between a registrar and a registry in addition to telling everybody how much he doesn't like cybersquatters (yes, he called you the 'C' word, look at the cover graphic) and actively encourages people not to buy .com.au domain names (the very thing we all sell).

So complain all you want about memberships, but there is one thing I can guarantee you - each and every one of my staff who are members knows the correct web site URL for auDA (go watch the video at 3:30, you'll see what I mean) and the difference between a registrar and a registry, so just who is more qualified to be a member? Oh that's right, you only want to disqualify people based on their race.

Have a nice day.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Listen mate, waffle and other BS
[shortened quote because ain't nobody got time for that....crap]

Corrections to the chair of Ventraip, Cheyne Jonstone's waffle above.

1. I'm not your mate, customer yes, until I find an Australian company with integrity worth supporting (you all work for a supply side company and have signed up as demand members - allowed by the constitution not by integrity - look up conflict of interest for an explanation).
2. The registry cost went down about $3 per domain thanks to demand member agitation.
3. You say you had a company meeting to discuss staff signing up as demand members, will you have company meeting to decide who to vote for at the AGM - Angelo for a demand director perhaps?
5. Foreigners are not a race and foreigners should not have a say in the running of the Australian domain system. This faux outrage about racism is pathetic.

Was Ventraip encouraged by the CEO of auDA to join up it's employees en masse?

Were you or Ventraip compensated in any way for doing so?

Can you spell ethics?

Jimboot

Top Contributor
well one at least LinkedIn profile says based in India but I'll take your word for it on them being a citizen. How much did it cost?

Cheyne

Top Contributor
1. I'm not your mate, customer yes, until I find an Australian company with integrity worth supporting (you all work for a supply side company and have signed up as demand members - allowed by the constitution not by integrity - look up conflict of interest for an explanation).
Noted that I am not your mate.

Hey pal! Did the Government review not ask for more membership engagement from underrepresented stakeholders? Last time I checked, registrars have no representation on the board and are stakeholders.

2. The registry cost went down about $3 per domain thanks to demand member agitation.
Wrong again buddy! The registry cost went down because the registry operator changed and auDA made changes to the fee structure. The price that was floated at the time of the new registry being announced was the same as it is now (at least, as far as I was made aware).

3. You say you had a company meeting to discuss staff signing up as demand members, will you have company meeting to decide who to vote for at the AGM - Angelo for a demand director perhaps?
You're definitely on to something there friend! He would make a good demand direc... oh that's right, supply and demand won't exist for much longer, nor will demand directors.

5. Foreigners are not a race and foreigners should not have a say in the running of the Australian domain system. This faux outrage about racism is pathetic.
What happened to point four?

Was Ventraip encouraged by the CEO of auDA to join up it's employees en masse?
LOL! What makes you think auDA had anything to do with it? Did snoopy tell you he heard it? How do you know that the registrars didn't go in to business for themselves here? More speculation, no facts.

Were you or Ventraip compensated in any way for doing so?
Yes, we all got to see your priceless reactions.

Can you spell ethics?
No, but I can spell D-O-M-A-I-N-E-R.

If you ever want to have a serious conversation and are prepared to consider other points of view, pick up the phone and call me. I'm done here.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Point 4. "auDA CEO, Cameron Boardman, said the positive response from Ventra IP, Arq Group, Dreamscape Networks and Afilias, other organisations and individuals had seen the surge in membership."
https://www.auda.org.au/mailouts/auDA+Plain+Announce/New+auDA+Members

OUCH! Too much fact? Slipped your mind I guess.

How much compensation did you get for signing up your staff as demand side members? I dare you to table the communication from auDA on this.

Registrars belong in the supply side membership as you well know. Didn't Angelo stand for elections for a supply side directorship?

The registry operator changed because members agitated against the exclusive negotiations with Neustar and it went to public tender. Regular open tenders are in the public interest.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Hey pal! Did the Government review not ask for more membership engagement from underrepresented stakeholders? Last time I checked, registrars have no representation on the board and are stakeholders.

Your smarter than that Cheyne, you and I and everyone here all know the Board decides the applicants suitability to be a Member and not the applicant. Blame the Board not us.

Employees of Registrars including the Registry Operator are not stakeholders of a particular representative group outside the Domain Registration Market but are representatives of one. Underrepresented stakeholders would include Retail Traders, Construction industry, Medical Industry, Education...but you already know that.

Jimboot

Top Contributor
How about you take the video down so that you stop misinforming your audience (and making yourself look uneducated on the topic), and re-shoot it with factually correct information?
How about you tell the truth. How about you tell us how much you paid for staff Memberships including ones out of India.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Let's wait for the auDA pie chart which will be in my opinion deliberately false and misleading.

How many Supply foreign staff have been signed up using their employers Australian P.B. Box addresses for contact and to appear to have this create an "Australian presence" ?

How many Supply staff Demand members will be at the same P.O. Box ? Let's see.. what creative methods auDA uses to try and deflect the truth.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member