What's new

Ask auDA 2!

neddy

Top Contributor
Have you ever received the dreaded email from your Registrar that starts like this?

auDA (the regulatory body of .au domain names) has received a formal complaint that the registrant
of xxxxxxxxx.com.au is not eligible to hold the domain name.

Given that auDA is a "complaints driven organisation", someone out there is pissed you have a particular domain name,
and they have fired off a "free" complaint.

Questions:

1. Do you know how to properly respond in terms of auDA policy?

2. Do you know the difference between stating "close and substantial" and "domain monetisation"?

3. Did you know that an incorrect answer could mean that the domain gets put into Policy Delete? (Even though you may hold it for very legitimate reasons).

4. Did you know that if this does happen, you have a couple of rights of appeal at no cost?

5. Did you know that even though your domain may comply in certain aspects, there are other things that can really count against you?

5. Do you know how to go about (4) & (5) properly to ensure that you have the best chance of salvaging your domain?

Let me please tell you this. I am a fairly seasoned domainer, and even I didn't know some things until last week!

So once again, I'm all for education and communication from auDA to help us "through the grey areas".

Are you?

techmo

Top Contributor
<Stares at screen in disbelief>

YES!

That was one heck of a daunting post. I've just started getting a domain portfolio together; how on earth can we get AUDA to help us on this? Suppose individually one can email them.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
best thing to do is deregulate the .com.au policy completely so its just the same as the .com policy .. meaning

ANYONE ANY AGE ANYWHERE CAN REGISTER A .COM.AU NAME FOR ANY REASON THEY WANT AND DO ANYTHING THEY WANT WITH IT.

It works for .com and it would work for .com.au no matter what people tell you here with their own old agendas

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member