What's new

Another Domain gone !!!!

snoopy

Top Contributor
snoopy you just aren't getting this topic !

"as is" IS dependant on the buyers desire for it NOT YOURS, and this is the case in all sales scenarios.

i think that there are domain names that don't fit into the "stats" type analysis realhm

what was www.telstra.com.au worth before it became telstra?

and by the way..... i personally know that "foxtel" was going to be called "onion" but they couldn't get the domain name ! ( not that onion was a good decision anyway but it does make a statement )

tim

Tim,

It is a tired argument, Telstra.com.au is a brand, it is not worth anything in the open market, if Telstra didn't own it they'd sue.

I think you are confusing business success with a domain, much like your wickedweasel.com.au example. Businesses don't "desire" stuff like sexyass.com.au.

snoopy

Top Contributor
at least $100 undeveloped which has already been pointed out undeveloped should be the bare minimum which is the lowest that you can list for on netfleet aftermarket so this is the lowest value IMHO

The minimum list price on a sale site has nothing to do with value.

This is the silliest comment I've read in a while.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
So basically one sh*ttyass domain is as good as another?

Nope however one that is:

1. In the same niche are

2. Has more local monthly searches which shows it is more popular then the one word domain is worth more then $0

my point was if a one word adult domain which I agree is more brand-able and worth more has had a $xxx offer then the 2 word keyword phrase domain in the a similar niche is worth more then zero.

and to me both are worth nothing however if I was still building adult sites

I would maybe submit an offer

xwdomains

Top Contributor
The minimum list price on a sale site has nothing to do with value.

This is the silliest comment I've read in a while.

Where do all .au domainers go to buy and sell .au domains and what is the lowest price been able to be set in that market place?
Not really that silly of a comment if you think about it and my whole point was it's worth more then $0....

I give up domains .au are worth more then $0 to me and I would guess to everyone on this forum that's really that all needs to be said

snoopy

Top Contributor
So basically one sh*ttyass domain is as good as another?

I'd say so, as "good" or as "bad" another.

These are the sorts of names where a substitute can be found in 5 minutes,

eg

sexyass.com.au (2400 searches for term)

versus

niceass.com.au (2900 searches for term- domain available)
bestass.com.au (1300 searches for term- domain available)

There is likely dozens of alternatives for reg fee.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Where do all .au domainers go to buy and sell .au domains and what is the lowest price been able to be set in that market place?
Not really that silly of a comment if you think about it and my whole point was it's worth more then $0....

The lowest price on a for sale site simply has no relevance to value. The low quality names won't sell 99% of the time.

I give up domains .au are worth more then $0 to me and I would guess to everyone on this forum that's really that all needs to be said

You are arguing with yourself on this because I am simply not saying all .com.au are worthless and never had.

If your argument is simply that all .com.au's are worth something then in my view that is not something I'm really interested in arguing with you on. If anyone agrees with you...good luck to them, at the end of the day they can believe anything they like.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
The lowest price on a for sale site simply has no relevance to value. The low quality names won't sell 99% of the time.

You are arguing with yourself on this because I am simply not saying all .com.au are worthless and never had.

If your argument is simply that all .com.au's are worth something then in my view that is not something I'm really interested in arguing with you on. If anyone agrees with you...good luck to them, at the end of the day they can believe anything they like.

all .au domains with decent search volume are worth something you knew what I meant

However I can pretty much say all .com.au .net.au are worth something after all they cost money to register no need to go there really

every appraisal I have read of yours says there worth nothing heck even your sig does.

Last edited:

Lucas

Top Contributor
Some tld valuation differences between the two, just for fun.

smut:

-> smut.com = "Since he registered Smut.com, Koustas has gotten offers as high as $2 million" - http://www.dnforum.com/f77/leasing-out-name-thread-32803.html

*ass:

-> niceass.net = US$5000 (2007)
-> crazyass.com = US$6400 (2009)
-> hotasses.com = US$4900 (2005)
-> bangass.com (?) = US$2650 (2006)

http://dnsaleprice.com

Working on those numbers, search metrics aside, if smut.com.au is worth say $500 - sexyass.com.au is worth $500 / 400 = $1.25 = so reg fee

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Sorry, I can't read your mind.

I really have no idea what your position is, it is flip flopping all over the place.

Pretty simple you say domains are worth $0 where as they are worth at least reg fee.

Domains with search metrics that can be made profitable in the right hands if the owner knows what they are doing. Shouldbe worth at least $100 to the right buyer sure there might be some .au fire sales.

However the general value it seems to be around $100 bare minimum some domains such as your smut domain should be worth in the x,xxx-xx,xxx

I don't see why some .au domains you think are worthless the fact is a .au domain is more exclusive and more used by Australians then a .com and not just anyone can register a .au some .au have got better offers then some .com and vice versus at the end of the day it depends on the buyer.

of course a plain silly domains or mispelt in the .au market is worth nothing and doesn't have the search metrics with the Google correcting the typos now.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Some tld valuation differences between the two, just for fun.

smut:

-> smut.com = "Since he registered Smut.com, Koustas has gotten offers as high as $2 million" - http://www.dnforum.com/f77/leasing-out-name-thread-32803.html

*ass:

-> niceass.net = US$5000 (2007)
-> crazyass.com = US$6400 (2009)
-> hotasses.com = US$4900 (2005)
-> bangass.com (?) = US$2650 (2006)

http://dnsaleprice.com

Working on those numbers, search metrics aside, if smut.com.au is worth say $500 - sexyass.com.au is worth $500 / 400 = $1.25 = so reg fee

I agree I had a look at dnsaleprice last night However I like the ring to sexyass for a rating site rather then niceass both have similar search volumes

If I still built adult sites I would most likely choose sexyass over nice ass but that's just me others may like nice ass better and chose that available .au name.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Pretty simple you say domains are worth $0 where as they are worth at least reg fee.

Domains with search metrics that can be made profitable in the right hands if the owner knows what they are doing. Shouldbe worth at least $100 to the right buyer sure there might be some .au fire sales.

However the general value it seems to be around $100 bare minimum some domains such as your smut domain should be worth in the x,xxx-xx,xxx

No point arguing how things "should" be. Clearly the market does not agree. Names just as good are freely available to register so why would sexyass.com.au be worth at least $100?

Smut.com.au has not sold at $780 so there is no point in saying it should be worth 10 times that. The fact that people will not act at $780 says far more than anyone saying they think it is worth more. As they say actions (or lack of it) speak louder than words.

I don't see why some .au domains you think are worthless the fact is a .au domain is more exclusive and more used by Australians then a .com and not just anyone can register a .au some .au have got better offers then some .com and vice versus at the end of the day it depends on the buyer.

of course a plain silly domains or mispelt in the .au market is worth nothing and doesn't have the search metrics with the Google correcting the typos now.

I'm interested in the reality of of the market, what can these names be sold for, not what "should they be sold for" in a world that does not exist. I can see what .com.au's sell for. It is a small market and the prices are low. No amount of rationalisation will change that.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
No point arguing how things "should" be. Clearly the market does not agree. Names just as good are freely available to register so why would sexyass.com.au be worth at least $100?

Smut.com.au has not sold at $780 so there is no point in saying it should be worth 10 times that. The fact that people will not act at $780 says far more than anyone saying they think it is worth more. As they say actions (or lack of it) speak louder than words.

I'm interested in the reality of of the market, what can these names be sold for, not what "should they be sold for" in a world that does not exist. I can see what .com.au's sell for. It is a small market and the prices are low. No amount of rationalisation will change that.

Mate I bet I can get at least $1000 for smut like I have tried to show you your marketing it to the wrong audience.

as for why it's worth $100 is because no one else can register that domain simple as that.

I have sold many .au domains for $100+ recently.

I don't now where your looking but I would like to see where there are any decent .au domains with at least 1000 local monthly searches for less then $100.

and back to the main point all .au yep every single domains is worth more then $0 that was all I was trying to point out like I said both domains are worthless to me but that doesn't mean they are worthless to someone in that niche.

neddy

Top Contributor
FYI I would list smut ask for X,XXX or more on GFY where adult domain buyers hang out with a good budget.

or contact the .com owner and work out a deal.

I agree that sexyass is worth less then a one word generic domain however it is worth something to the right buyer or developed.

Go put smut on GFY and get some really money for it.:)

Mate I bet I can get at least $1000 for smut like I have tried to show you your marketing it to the wrong audience.

I'm not being a "smart ass" when I say this, but why don't you make Snoopy an offer for smut.com.au?

Particularly if you believe you can get some really good money for it. :)

Last edited:

xwdomains

Top Contributor
I'm not being a "smart ass" when I say this, but why don't you make Snoopy an offer for smut.com.au?

Particularly if you believe you can get some really good money for it. :)

I don't deal in adult domains or sites anymore like I have said through out this thread so I am not interested in acquiring the domain or any adult domains I got out of the adult niche a few years ago.

snoopy

Top Contributor

As I said actions speak louder than words, if you were sure of that you'd be buying it and reselling it right now.

as for why it's worth $100 is because no one else can register that domain simple as that.

Nonsense.

I don't now where your looking but I would like to see where there are any decent .au domains with at least 1000 local monthly searches for less then $100.

I said "around $100".

Here is a example,

carnitine.com.au 1300 local searches $0.92 cpc

Sold for $126 at auction a week ago. (Was out-bidded on this one.)

neddy

Top Contributor
I don't deal in adult domains or sites anymore like I have said through out this thread so I am not interested in acquiring the domain or any adult domains I got out of the adult niche a few years ago.

I understand. But if you believe you can get that sort of money for the domain, why don't you try and flog it for Snoopy? It could be a win / win. ;)

snoopy

Top Contributor
I understand. But if you believe you can get that sort of money for the domain, why don't you try and flog it for Snoopy? It could be a win / win. ;)

He'll always have an excuse.....ditto for the other people who think it is worth miles more than the asking price. The values are high as long as they are not actually getting out the cheque book.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
He'll always have an excuse.....ditto for the other people who think it is worth miles more than the asking price. The values are high as long as they are not actually getting out the cheque book.

Snoopy I don't cough up cash first flip rule 101 find a buyer then acquire and why don't you go and list it on GFY yourself I mean you got nothing to lose only extra money to gain. If I sold it for you you would have to pay me a commission anyway, and like I said I don't deal in adult anymore.

If I am wrong you'll get no offers if I am right you'll get more money for it unless you don't want to prove me wrong...

P.S I don't deal in adult anymore as I am christian and married.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members