What's new

Zuckerberg's sister recommends domains for babies

chris

Top Contributor
Pity if your name is John Smith, I suppose you can always get the .net.au (duck and hide) ;)

Interesting the .id.au is in use :)

Diapers, formula... domain name? Zuckerberg's sister recommends new must-have for babies
There's some preliminary Googling to do before settling on a name, and there are URLs, email addresses and social media accounts to register for.

Yes, Randi Zuckerberg — older sister of Facebook founder Mark — made sure she secured a web site address and email address for her now two-and-a-half-year-old son Asher in preparation for his birth, and talks about why she thinks it's so important in her new book "Dot Complicated," a guide to managing the ever-changing demands of technology and social media.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/D...recommends+must+have+babies/9224187/story.htm

Cheers,
Chris

findtim

Top Contributor
I did it, ( first and lastname ) ruby is now 7 and max is 5, surprised such common names were not taken !

I have both .com.au and the .com

managed to get their twitter accounts as well.

facebook was taken , but that's helenas area anyway.

--------------

ruby is going to start her own blog next year, we are just working on design.

tim

ps: we think we will use a different domain name though, I don't see a problem but Helena does? I'm interested in hearing others thought on that.

Joel

Top Contributor
I have domains for all three of my children in .com only. I have no idea when they will use them or if they'll even want to :)

findtim

Top Contributor
I also did my nephews and nieces , my 21 year old nephew has been using it to get jobs and he is now heading to florida for his second 6 month stint at Disney world.

this time he is gone up a few notches to event management

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
I have my full name in the .com and didn't register the .com.au even though it is available. I use it for private emails.

helloworld

Top Contributor
Like Gen Z will be using facebook or twitter...

.com maybe. I recently bought mine, god knows why (cause I don't)

m8e

Top Contributor
I paid USD$108 for my boys domain name, 3 letter dot net, the E is a number 3.

I hand reg'd my daughters 4 letter dot com, replaced the letter I with a number 1.

Kinda nerdy, who knows if they will ever use them!

Shane

Top Contributor
I registered my daughter's .com.au soon after her birth. The .com is taken, but the page states that it's for sale for US$700. I haven't bothered.

A few weeks after her birth I was at a number plate auction and her year of birth came up. I couldn't resist...

Ashman

Top Contributor
The problem with registering female baby names is that when they get married the domain might become irrelevant.

findtim

Top Contributor
The problem with registering female baby names is that when they get married the domain might become irrelevant.

the average age of an Australian bride is over 31yrs, so they would get a lot of use from the name.

more and more women do not change their last name anymore and its growing in %

the old hyphenated brides surname and grooms surname is dying as a trend eg: sarah smith-jones, it was only here when a woman's surname meant more then her "to be" husbands was but he would not give up his own surname which was not the practice anyway.

dare I say nigella ! didn't change to Saatchi, lucky for her ?

tim

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Tried to register all family members names. Worked for the most part. One of the most sensible registrations a person can have IMO.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
I've got all my kids names (and surname) in the .com I've never bothered with .com.au and never bothered with Twitter or Facebook for them as things change and those forms of Social Networking "might" be gone by then.

Shane

Top Contributor
I registered my daughter's .com.au soon after her birth. The .com is taken, but the page states that it's for sale for US$700. I haven't bothered.

Revisiting this thread...

I received a few emails last month stating that the .com was coming up for auction and asking me for a bid.

I ignored them, and then this week I received an email stating that the name was available for $19.

Went to GoDaddy and checked the domain, registered it for $9.

:)

Patience is a virtue.

chris

Top Contributor
Revisiting this thread...

I received a few emails last month stating that the .com was coming up for auction and asking me for a bid.

I ignored them, and then this week I received an email stating that the name was available for $19.

Went to GoDaddy and checked the domain, registered it for $9.

:)

Patience is a virtue.

Nice outcome ;)

helloworld

Top Contributor
On similar note, I bought mernda.com recently. When I registered the .org a few years back it was taken.

I then got email asking me to pay $150 and I could secure it. Then godaddy affiliates told me it was dropping and I could register it (via there link) I lost the auction ..4am finish time and the person who offered it to me got it. After 2 years of not buying it on principal I've now hand regd it. I guess no one else wanted it. Bit according to twitter it's also a semi popular girls name (shortened).

Chumby

Top Contributor
Have my family covered... first/last name both .com and .com.au

Someone needs to use one of them soon!!!

Cheers
Chumby

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads