What's new

ZipHosting special

soj

Founder
And if you're a MelbourneIT fan, they even have a 50% off special today.

Only $70 for a .com.au / .net.au ;)

CyberClick

Top Contributor
I also discovered today that in zip's "Administer/Upgrade domain" section, where you can view a summary of all domains (and expiry dates); that I have domains due to be renewed in 2013, that actually expired last year !!!

I work off a spreadsheet copied from the zip domain summary and was very surprised today that a almost a dozen domains I thought I owned, actually expired last year and have been registered to other people.

Perhaps zip should offer to buy them back off their new owners?

Not happy Zip!

Last edited:

brettf

There is currently an issue with the promotional registrations. The domains are processing and being registered, however the usual emails notifying the registration aren't going out.

So if you do a WHOIS on a domain you've submitted, you should see they have registered ok. Dev's are working on resolving the issue, though I don't currently have an ETA.

@CyberClick, if you give me some examples of this I can take a look and provide an explanation as to what is going on there.

CyberClick

Top Contributor
@CyberClick, if you give me some examples of this I can take a look and provide an explanation as to what is going on there.

Thanks for the information Brett, some examples are:

sydneyweekends.com.au [28/07/2013]
newcastleseo.com.au [29/08/2013]
sixtynine.com.au [29/09/2013]
createwebsite.com.au [04/11/2013]

The expiry date is copied straight from ziphosting's admin area.a

Last edited:

brettf

What's happened on those, is:

1) We sent a renewal notice
2) The domain wasn't renewed and went into the deletion cycle
3) Domain dropped and was either hand rego'd or grabbed on the drop

So it is a bug in the system still showing the domains in your account. But the expiry dates are for the new registrations.

I''ll get that fixed, however the main point is renewal notices were sent, domains weren't renewed and were then dropped.

CyberClick

Top Contributor
Brett,

I'm concerned how easily you shrug off the loss of a dozen customer domains from an admitted error in your system. I receive many emails and rely upon you to provide the correct information. If you can't get the information correct - don't provide it. I'd rather have no information than rely on misinformation.

The main point is your system advised the domains were registered when they weren't and gave false expiry dates which resulted in the loss of about a dozen domains; a few of which I'm confident went for decent $ on the drop.

I'm disappointed with not only the problem itself, people and businesses make mistakes but the way you're handling it is laughable. How can anyone have any confidence in the data you provide? Perhaps an apology, a fix and a credit for the lost domains would have been more appropriate?

I haven't had this problem with any other registrars. I'll be moving my domains elsewhere and encourage other forum users to do the same. I'll make sure I let as many contacts as possible know about the issue and ZipHosting's comments.

Last edited:

marketingweb

Top Contributor
To Brett from Ziphosting - I just noticed something strange in my account also when I was prompted to check by this.

On the list of "Active Domains for this account" it has listed 5 domains that I purposefully let expire.

In my case, It has the correct expiry dates as in november 2011, and I don't want them so no issue, but why would they still be in my list of active domains - when they aren't active? (example domain is discoverusa.com.au )

Matt

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member