What's new

Your Thoughts

JLP

Curious to see what others would appraise the following remote control helicopter domain at, a little over 6 years old:

- rchelicopters.com.au

James

Top Contributor
Have you had any offers? I see a few people bidding on this term and the project ranges for around 200-$2000+ so it could have legs to develop it. Really maybe around $1,000+ range or more. ask a few end users and see what they are willing to pay.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Has a very small number of potential buyers in my view because most companies in in the industry wouldn't just sell helicopters. It is the kind of names that would not have done so well value wise since the 2012 Google EMD changes because the benefit is no longer clear on these terms with search numbers in the hundreds (rather than thousands). As a niche it isn't very brandy either because it is quite long and there is obvious shortenings for the "helicopters" part.

The other thing with it is I think the term is being replaced by the word "drone". Probably the purists don't see it that way, but most people that in that past would be looking for a "rc helicopter" are probably now "drone" buyers.

Interesting chart here,

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=rc helicopters, drones

Obviously drone has had huge growth but "rc helicopters" has gone down significantly at the same times,

Closer view,

https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=rc helicopters

It is not a bad domain, but overall I don't think this name is really worth anything. If it went up for auction I'd probably expect it to sell for the minimum bid or not at all. If I owned it not sure what I'd do, it would probably just depend on whether there was any prior interest in those 6 years.

findtim

Top Contributor
i think "drone" is trending these days, not helicopter, the drones have REALLY changed the game and are putting MASSIVE amounts of money into advertising, sell it asap, IMO
i do but believe the hobbist who has an rc helicopter has potential, but not sure if they are switching to drones?
having said that you could consider that there are STILLLLLLL people shooting on 35mm film and developing their own photos the old way + even after the invention of photography we still have painters ! ( my art history training coming in here now ) , BUT......... in each case there has always been a substantial number of years before the retro REBOOT happens, @ 20yrs for painting at the turn of 1900 and around 20 yrs at the digital from 1995, but maybe just 10yrs before kodak went broke, agfa went broke and fuji went fully digital !
IMO "rc" isn't coming back big time, just look at the drone ads on youtube !, they are amazingggggg.
soon we will have a personal drone followinf us and feeding our every move to a server so if we get attacked it will all be recorded " hand me your wallet" ....reply " ummmmmmm, look up mate, my drone has already phoned the police, so F off "

tim

JLP

Thanks guys.

@James I have had an offer, mid $xxx. The terms certainly isn't as competitive as it was though.

@snoopy and @findtim
You're both right in saying that drones have become popular, however their aren't any 3D flying drones, or drone competitions like there is within the actual rc helicopter hobby. So I'd say there is still a strong market there.

Ashman

Top Contributor
..soon we will have a personal drone followinf us and feeding our every move to a server so if we get attacked it will all be recorded " hand me your wallet" ....reply " ummmmmmm, look up mate, my drone has already phoned the police, so F off " tim

The only thing that will be in our wallet when this scenario happens is a picture of our family.

findtim

Top Contributor
analogy:
i LOVEEEE star trek, its a Utopian society without the need for money and crime, but every episode involves violence ! EVEN an episode where they visit a planet without crime...... a star trek member breaks a law and is sentenced to death for falling onto a plant !!!
i think we are just all in "the truman show" and the drones are a new way for the other civilised beings in the universe to view our stupidity, thats why they created youtube for us !

" hey, stuff this, these people are crazy and have video cameras, why don't we just let them film themselves and broadcast it for us "
" hey, lets jump off a mountain without a parachute and land in a lake ! "

tim

xwdomains

Top Contributor
rchelicopter affiliate program aliexpress if you don't want to deal with customers, or dropship i prefer affiliate customers are a pain lol.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo