What's new

XXXXXXfinance.com.au

Hardstylr

Just registered a domain name recently which is a manufacturer of vehicles in the name with finance following it.

They have contacted me to ask what my intentions are with the domain name since they've registered the business name.

What would be a standard response to these types of emails?

I have purchased it with view to develop the site and monetize it.

Funnily enough I had to check that I actually owned it, and I did, only purchased it last month and forgot I did purchase it.

Thanks in advance

joe

Top Contributor

yup, was gonna say the same.

key points from that case:

We were able to successfully defend it by proving we do have a legitimate interest in the domain (my company Private Fleet is a car buying servive which negotiates discounts on Holdens (amongst other brands))

and

This is another example of how having a TM within a domain is not necessarily a TM breach. It's all about the use of the domain...

I'd say if arranging finance for XXXXXX purchases is part of your biz that might give you some rights to hold the name. Other point to be aware of is 'bad faith' registration, i.e. you only registered it to disrupt someone else's business or to resell it.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I'd be careful with what you say when responding as they may take what you say and use it as part of their case in the event of a dispute (i.e. auDRP)

Yes, there was the HoldenDiscounts.com.au case - but there was a legitimate interest there.

FWIW I usually don't respond to these types of things until I have to.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member