What's new

www.gospel.net.au value?

orange

Hi All

www.gospel.net.au

Will be keeping it and adding content but what value could it have?

I was wondering what Dnt folks thought about religious domains/words, like this? and do they have any great values or any great stories about one.

my registrar made me wait almost 12 hours after payment before confirming that it was registered to me.

Is this normal for .au or should i ditch them and start to transfer all my domains as they come up for renewal?

As always thanks for your time
Paul

findtim

Top Contributor
i find if you register something thats a "keyword" it seems to take longer to confirm ?

if you register " whitesockparty" it will come through straight away.

who are you with?

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
value: that kinda domain is just what you do with it, i don't think it has any value by itself

transfering domains, you can transfer .au domains at no cost anytime , you don't have to wait for renewal time, .com's you can transfer anytime but they will ADD 1 years rego to the domain so thus it costs

tim

~james~

Hey Paul,

Everyone has their own way to value a domain name only but my rough guide is:

$1 per exact search for .com.au's

'Gospel' has 1,300 exact searches thus $1,300 for the .com.au

I value .net.au at 10% of the .com.au thus a $130 valuation on the domain name only.

Of course if you develop it into a website and if you can generate revenue from it, you might be able to sell the developed website as a multiple of the annual revenue - generally 1-2 times for websites I've seen.

Cheers,
James.

acheeva

Top Contributor
You know there is a problem with commercialization when you search the term and there are no sponsored ads in the results

Anyone know a web-savvy priest?

findtim

Top Contributor
You know there is a problem with commercialization when you search the term and there are no sponsored ads in the results

Anyone know a web-savvy priest?

priest ! , gospel is a loose term, lets go scientology $$$$, once again its about the end user

tim

neddy

Top Contributor
Given that your name is Paul, that leads me to say:

"The Gospel according to St. Paul". :)

Sorry - Dad joke I know. Too many years at boarding school going to Chapel every day and twice on Sunday's!

snoopy

Top Contributor
No value in my view. Combination of a fairly uncommercial term and weak extension doesn't bode well. Even in .com.au not sure there is a history of religious terms selling well.

Everyone has their own way to value a domain name only but my rough guide is:

$1 per exact search for .com.au's

So someone looking for a home loan is as valuable as someone looking for free warez?

snoopy

Top Contributor
You've taken two extremes, I said "rough guide" so home loan would be more and warez would be less.

The is the point of it, two extremes and this name is closer to the warez extreme than the home loans extreme. I would say this name doesn't fit into any "rough guide" because it is quite uncommercial.

~james~

The is the point of it, two extremes and this name is closer to the warez extreme than the home loans extreme. I would say this name doesn't fit into any "rough guide" because it is quite uncommercial.

You're right - fair call.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Just gotta find a good affiliate program for gospel music (amazon/itunes?) there is actually a small billboard for a gospel music concert outside St Kilda town hall

...some kind of music directory ?

Honan

Top Contributor
Hi All

www.gospel.net.au

Will be keeping it and adding content but what value could it have?

I was wondering what Dnt folks thought about religious domains/words, like this? and do they have any great values or any great stories about one.

my registrar made me wait almost 12 hours after payment before confirming that it was registered to me.

Is this normal for .au or should i ditch them and start to transfer all my domains as they come up for renewal?

As always thanks for your time
Paul

Why wait until renewal to transfer to another registrar. It is free and does not effect renewal date?

payattention

Archived Member
Just gotta find a good affiliate program for gospel music (amazon/itunes?) there is actually a small billboard for a gospel music concert outside St Kilda town hall

...some kind of music directory ?

He should promote books by Richard Dawkins instead :) Better yet, how about his audio books disguised at gospel music?

findtim

Top Contributor
Kevin Ham is a bible basher isn't he? Think he paid big bucks for some religious .com's a few years back.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2007/06/01/100050989/ (old read but a goody)

Trouble is Kevin ham's probably never heard of net.au so ... I'd say 'reg fee'!

i LOVE his .cm "trick" ( even though i have never done it ), what bothers me is then people go after him for being first to market ! those DH's are just jealous that he had the idea and they didn't. wankers

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members