What's new

WordPress Child Theme

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
If you were making a child theme for WordPress would you have a preference?
~
Example ...... TwentyFourteen or TwentyTwelve ....... if so why?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Here is one of the reasons, why I am asking what year may be the best? ........ I am using TwentyFourteen on one site and the top "sticky Post" is not visible ?? .... tried a couple of things and can't get the introduction sticky post to appear, in the customize menu there is an option to use tags and it says if no tags are used the sticky posts appear, but only the post title appears and not the whole post ? ...... stuck

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Always use a child theme. But I don't really understand your question.
A child theme is a bare bones way to not break your core theme whatever theme it may be. I buy themes as required (generally from theme forest) and create a child theme to make style and a few header.php edits.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Yes that is where i get the code for the child theme, I guess I was referring to the layout and also the fact that it seems twentyfourteen may have some kind of a bug?? I get the first sticky post to appear then it drops out? No matter what I try
~
I seem to favour twentytwelve at this point

johno69

Top Contributor
I don't use any of the default themes and have never had an issue. Can you change theme and test again?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I did a bit of research online and it seems there were some problems with twentyfourteen, it is not really a test issue as the other themes are doing what they should be doing, i did find a partial solution and when I catch up with Chris on Wednesday I will see what he has to say, just looking forwards to getting all the good info on child themes, it all steps in a better direction, i did like the themes I had but they each got a big fat 0/100 at themecheck.org ..... so something had to be done and it is getting done. I have the feeling that jetpack may be the problem ?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo