What's new

Wollongong.com.au going crazy

James

Top Contributor
Some one has stuffed up at Wollongong City Council. I think it will go for $8,000-$10,000+ range.

PW.com.au also a ok name will go for 1k+

findtim

Top Contributor
I was born in Wollongong and its a very scattered city, virtually no tourism I suspect, people there live in their suburbs and never go out of them, the main street is a farce with basically a shopping centre and david jones with a woollies out the back.

this is based on my 4 cousins ,aunty, my sister and 2 nieces who still live there, so when I go there its ME that has to travel to all the different suburbs as they just stay PUT. ( maybe they don't want to see me :( )

Wollongong city as an AREA is very small, "greater Wollongong" is another term and Illawarra is another which all mean the same thing really.

I can't see it going over $6 , this $2500 is just a scare off bid.

this is a good test of NF's new system and I would love to know the highest proxy on Drop "post match" as I think this will get a high proxy on Drop but a low tender on NF.

if the council buy it back it will be a media FEAST.

tim

Kaiser77

Too true Tim.

Maybe now organisations will start taking their respective web footprint more seriously.

K77.

Horshack

Top Contributor
There's some big drops in there today from international companies. BMG is the best example. It just goes to show that .com is king and they probably place little wait on the need for a .com.au presence.

Last edited:

Horshack

Top Contributor
Not unhappy to see pretzel.com.au on there. Used to be run by pretzel logic I believe who I approached about my first ecommerce site and Ian Pretzel I think his name was told me I wasn't going to make any money. Wasn't he wrong. They were the big end of town for website designers at the time but just information sites really and ecommerce was new.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
A lesson to learn about why NOT to use staff member email addresses as registrant contacts..

The staff menger at Council is no longer there.. thus no emails got to council decision maker to renew

Let's see if they are fast enough getting set up with drop and netfleet accounts to start bidding..apparently they got some calls leting them know it was dropping today

They do have Wollongong.com Are they better to use it like nsw Government uses Sydney.com instead of sydney.com.au? Less policy red tape. cheaper prices more global etc? Do younger people now know .com names better than .com.au?

Horshack

Top Contributor
They do have an issue now with the .com website though because the navigation links for what's on go to the .com.au website

findtim

Top Contributor
I'd probably just sit on the .com myself but curious what others think too.

.com is valid for "inbound traffic" thus no international airport in GONG so not as valid. imho

cairns dot com would be a good buy but Wgong dot com doesn't have the same value.

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
what REALLLLLLLYYYYY annoyed me on NF today was when placing a bid a pop up comes up and says " this bid attracts a $49.95 fee "

LIKEEEEEEEEEE I want to click again !!!! NOOOOOOOOOO

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Netfleet Wollongong.com.au Caught $8000 + Fees + gst
Drop.com.au Wollongong.com.au Not Caught $8,555

maybe a dntrade member grabbed it? :)

Nice name seems like a good buy IMO.

James

Top Contributor
Netfleet Wollongong.com.au Caught $8000 + Fees + gst
Drop.com.au Wollongong.com.au Not Caught $8,555

maybe a dntrade member grabbed it? :)

Nice name seems like a good buy IMO.

Ruben S purchased it, I think he is a member....

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo