1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Witholding sale amounts?

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by paz, Jan 22, 2010.

1. paz

paz Member

Hi guys,

As we know big sales are great for our little .au industry and when a domain goes for big bucks it's good to be able to let prospective buyers know about it.

I'm certain some great domains have been sold and the price kept a secret - perhaps even the sale!

e.g: Thailand.com.au for $XX,XXX

Would any of you ever ask that a buying price be kept under wraps? I don't personally see the point in it, maybe it might hurt resale?

Buyers may be less likely to pay $10,000 for a domain that was known to have sold for $500 the year before etc.

Thoughts?

2. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    I woudnt request it but I can understand why people want privacy. E.g. There was a geo sale once for $xx,xxx and the new owner who lived in the town didn't want his peers to know how much he splashed out.

I've had this requested numerous times pre-sale, post sale, asking for it to be removed from website and once even threatened with legal action if it was published.

3. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

It makes sense to keep the price quiet in somecases .....resale later on