Current auDA management are not meeting the DoCA Conditions:
"The Review considers that the use of transparent criteria for assessing applications and a formalised and rigorous process for reviewing applications is required."
That the .au domain administrator:
· consults with stakeholders on deliberations and decisions that will impact on the Australian internet community
· has a clearly defined membership structure that can represent the views of the Australian internet community
- initiate activities that engage the internet community and support the diversification of its member base
· establish an effective process for assessing and processing new members.
Support accountability and transparency
In managing a public asset, the .au domain administrator will be accountable to its stakeholders, including the Australian Government. Improved transparency and accountability is necessary to provide the assurance that the .au namespace is being managed consistent with Government and community expectations.
That the .au domain administrator has:
· an annual strategic plan that reflects these Terms of Endorsement and the company’s purpose with reference to how it will discharge its functions as a not-for-profit entity
· a transparency and accountability framework
·an effective reporting framework which would include reporting through its Annual Report and at its Annual General Meeting on performance against:
· these terms of endorsement, supported by a key performance indicator framework
· board performance against its charter
· its strategic plan
· the transparency and accountability framework
· stakeholder engagement activities including international and community activities and initiatives that aim to expand the member base."