What's new

Who should replace AUDA's chair?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Seems it is now 50/50 whether the current chair stays or not.

So the question is who should replace him if he gets voted out?

In my view candidates already at AUDA would be very unacceptable. Needs someone genuinely independent and not already caught up in the place.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Seems it is now 50/50 whether the current chair stays or not.

So the question is who should replace him if he gets voted out?

In my view candidates already at AUDA would be very unacceptable. Needs someone genuinely independent and not already caught up in the place.

Who are the current Liberal party members who know the auDA CEO and other Directors needing an extra income stream, another Board position for their CV and for their Linkedin profile?
Perhaps someone not looking for the money, the power or the added Board status?

I VOTE NED O'MEARA FOR AUDA BOARD CHAIR!
  • SUPPLY AND DEMAND DOMAIN NAME INDUSTRY EXPERIENCED & RESPECTED
  • ACCOUNTABLE
  • TRANSPARENT

neddy

Top Contributor
I VOTE NED O'MEARA FOR AUDA BOARD CHAIR!
  • SUPPLY AND DEMAND DOMAIN NAME INDUSTRY EXPERIENCED & RESPECTED
  • ACCOUNTABLE
  • TRANSPARENT
Thank you - but I absolutely decline. There are far more suitable people out there than me. auDA needs someone as Chair who is respected by all - a person that can heal the rifts that have been created.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Once again we see an incredibly disturbing comment, lack of due process and terribly inept Governance made on behalf of the whole auDA Board.

https://auda.org.au/mailouts/auDA+Plain+Members+Email/auDA+Special+General+Meeting
"For these reasons your Board urges you to vote AGAINST the resolution to remove the Chair."

Tim, Simon, Others as auDA Board Members are you in "unanimous" agreement again with this statement auDA has released? Did the full auDA Board agree again? Then you all need to resign or be removed.

Anyone who approved such a tactic to manipulate member votes against due process will lose a lot of member votes, a lot of member support and a lot of respect.

Is it true some auDA Board members are phoning auDA members to push them to vote NO? This is disgusting if true.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Prediction: Almost everyone within AUDA will vote against him, regardless of the "undying support" they pledge when the chair does his phone around the night before. He will be relying on supply votes because I think he will lose demand.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Anyone with the best interests of auDA and both Supply / Demand members would have resigned by now.

It looks fairly desperate and very unprofessional with their email out today.

Does he really need the extra $120,000 + a year, plus expenses, plus travel overseas, plus auDA Board title on his Linkedin and other profiles?... Maybe in his eyes he does.

I am fairly sure this will backfire on any future hopes he has in this industry for real roles, board positions or credibility now.

Basically he will stay until pushed and then his mates may do the old "golden handshake"?

RESIGN WITH SOME DIGNITY MAN! You are embarrassing yourself and auDA's reputation now and THIS IS COSTING auDA A FORTUNE TO KEEP YOU!

snoopy

Top Contributor
In my view the email out yesterday is a good example of why the meeting is being called in the first place, they don't even understand what members are concerned with, (my comment in colour)

Over the next 12 months, auDA will achieve:
  • A holistic policy review and reform process to provide the industry and consumers with usable, responsive and appropriate policies to better manage the .au domain space and to exponentially increase the awareness and exposure of .au;
Nobody cares!
  • The development of a new organisational strategy to allow the organisation to capture new opportunities and ensure organisational capabilities and strategic focusses are aligned;
Doesn't mean anything!
  • Further governance reform, expanding on the first phase of the Cameron Ralph review, including the development and introduction of board policies and assessment of board skills and requirements;
This is a negative to members, it is code for less transparency & more attempts to push people out.
  • The completion of the Registry Transformation Project to ensure the best possible result in the national, industry and organisation’s interests and benefits;
The only issue listed that members really care about.
  • The introduction of a new brand to capitalise on the value of .au and to improve the organisation’s positioning and effectiveness.
A waste of time and money.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
The CEO would have you believe that management and the board are doing a great job by implementing “administrative policies”, “organisational improvements”, “security policies”, “policy reviews” and “management processes” but we all know its a fancy way of saying;

MEMBERS CAN’T INTERFERE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF auDA

Members requested company minutes to prove or disprove that directors have fulfilled their fiduciary duties.
auDA responded;

Members requested the Code of Conduct be suspended until further review as it contravenes the constitution;
auDA responded;

Members sought to understand management reasoning for building and ‘in-house registry’ as it opposed all previous panel recommendations.
auDA responded;

Members at the member meet-up on 27/06/2017. Questioned the CEO - He intentionally hid the plan(s) predetermined by the board and openly denied having such plan(s). 3 days latter a new related entity, domain name, and trademark were registered, called auHQ was registered.

MEMBERS CAN INTERFERE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF auDA

Vote “YES” for the removal of Stuart Benjamin as Director

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads