What's new

WHO paid?

findtim

Top Contributor
Who Paid?
lets look at this piece of the FOI from the knowledge everyone knows.
the FOI is asking for documentation on member payments, a very good question, it will be a clever bookkeeper to get around that one.
the constitution says payment with application, so there will need to be 955 payment references, if there isn't then that to me becomes a voting agreement, it doesn't get any harder then that really.

its not hard to achieve: https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/membership/auda-online-membership-application/ you pay on the 2nd page.
or did 955 people write a cheque and post it in?
or did 955 do a direct deposit?
were there 955 faxes/emails?
surely someone in the industry is familiar with online banking? paypal?

i saw there is a rumour many members haven't paid yet? if thats the case the constitution doesn't provide a "payment plan" on membership so those 955 ( or part there of) will need to be cancelled and put to the board again once payment is received, looks like we are heading for a very late AGM this year or richard bullock do you just ignore this one as well and let auda continue to break the rules?
-----------------------
Note: Please include your Member Name in the reference/note so we can correctly identify your payment
Please Note: Cut-off for receipt of application and payment for submission to next scheduled Board meeting is 7 calendar days prior. Applications and payments received after the cut-off date will be submitted to the following scheduled Board meeting.
If for any reason your membership application is rejected, the entrance fee will be refunded in full.
------------------------------
it seems VERY clear that payment has to be made prior to your application being presented to the board.
are the rumours true?

i said when i resigned that there will be decisions i didn't want my name on but i really didn't think there would be this many ! and there are more to come before we hit the GM.

Its another question for the CMWG to ask, all your hard work will be undone if invalid members are allowed to vote. if the cmwg have the membership model right then the 955 will vote themselves out after they create a mess:
1) they vote all the other resolutions in
2) they vote themselves out
3) supply lose their leverage on auda
4) supply lose their marketing promise ( watch this space )
5) the board votes for its own board nominations committee to vote for itself ! but if i was on the board right now i'd be looking for a new position when they reduce the numbers and increase the independents.

tim

Scott.L

Top Contributor
upload_2018-8-21_22-9-16.png

Exactly what was this New membership Application Process procedure adopted by the Board in March, and why have we not seen it?

Is it – commercial -in-confidence – why?

What is the new membership applicant process policy as per 15. auDA implementation plan of MAY 2018?

15. Additionally, auDA’s Board has recently adopted a Membership Application Processing Policy which provides a clear basis of processing membership applications and engaging with new members. This has already resulted in improved membership application processing times, with increased transparency for all applicants auDA’s membership engagement is supported by the monthly member and stakeholder newsletters and ongoing announcements regarding specific auDA and industry activities.

Recommendation 10. (Government Review)

auDA must provide transparent Membership Guidelines. Previously, it was minuted in auDA minutes that each member was to be telephoned and required to answer a couple of simple questions about why they joined.

I guess – your attitude is simply to say.

"This request has no validity or purpose other than to derail the reform process."

Scott.L

Top Contributor
do you remember when -

This fee covers membership administration and provides membership until the next renewal date, e.g. if you join as a new member part-way through the membership year, such as in February, you are liable to pay the membership entrance fee for your class. Your membership will then be due for renewal in June the same year with the annual membership fee then payable.

interesting to note: Minutes 23 May 2018

upload_2018-8-21_22-28-2.png

who was admitted on that day - Hmmmm...

do you remember when -

On April fools day - 1st of April 2018 the definitions of supply and demand were;

upload_2018-8-21_22-25-26.png
Wayback - "industry Participants" (broad term)

oh never mind. Times change - so do definitions...

Last edited:

Scott.L

Top Contributor
yeah right, its just a little blind eye turned away from the Membership Applicant Rules...(looks like a coincidence without your comment) but hey WGAF (Blind eyes turned everywhere)

The real question is:

12.2 Membership Fees payable on Application for Membership

An applicant for membership is obliged to pay the applicable annual membership fee at the time of application and any entrance fee determined by the Board from time to time.

Any Blind eyes turned on this one?

Last edited:

findtim

Top Contributor
its just a little blind eye turned away from the Membership Applicant Rules
for me it was trying to be fair to new members, i simply asked " do they know they'll have to pay again in a months time" ? its something i'd appreciate being told and having run yearly subscription websites it was a natural question to ask.
regardless of that i would say with some certainty that all those people had submitted payment with their application.

tim

Scott.L

Top Contributor
for me it was trying to be fair to new members, i simply asked " do they know they'll have to pay again in a months time" ? its something i'd appreciate being told and having run yearly subscription websites it was a natural question to ask.
regardless of that i would say with some certainty that all those people had submitted payment with their application. tim

Gotta feel sorry for all those who paid on the 18th of June 2018, they all got another bill on the 31st June 2018
I assume, in the span of 2 weeks, auDA got about $40,000.00 in membership fees from approx 955 supply side employees. (((ouch)))

In fact, the minutes are very silent about whether or not the Board decided to do the same as those applicants in May.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
yeah right, its just a little blind eye turned away from the Membership Applicant Rules...(looks like a coincidence without your comment) but hey WGAF (Blind eyes turned everywhere)

The real question is:

Any Blind eyes turned on this one?

1. Where is the accountability and transparency on this issue from auDA and the Board?
  2. Have they paid?
  3. When did they pay?
  4. Who paid for them?
  5. Did they get the Fee rebated using auDA Marketing Funds?
  6. Why have they been apparently granted an extension now to pay until the end of this month?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo