What's new

Who do you park your sites with?

Rhythm

Top Contributor
About 2 days ago I noticed a domain get 1 unique visit with 3 $5 clicks ~$15

Today the visits are still listed but the parking co. has removed the $5 clicks ~$0

Any idea what happened?

Last edited:

snoopy

Top Contributor
Domainsponsor, Hitfarm, Fabulous, Namedrive, Sedo, Parked, Domain advertising, Dotzup (not very good any longer).

Use as many as you can if you want to maximise revenue. Even the difference between using one program versus two will be big.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Domainsponsor, Hitfarm, Fabulous, Namedrive, Sedo, Parked, Domain advertising, Dotzup (not very good any longer).

Use as many as you can if you want to maximise revenue. Even the difference between using one program versus two will be big.

I didn't find much difference TBH. And the hassle of having to add each & every domain to multiple companies outweighed the negligible benefits.

I like Namedrive -

• they have a good interface,
  • Simon's a good bloke who buys you beers when in town,
  • they allow you to put a 'This domain may be for sale' link to your Netfleet listing which greatly increases selling chances
  • They use a Google feed which seems to be best CPC for Australia
Check them out at http://www.namedrive.com or, preferably via our affiliate link http://www.namedrive.com/?ref=4131 :)

snoopy

Top Contributor
I didn't find much difference TBH. And the hassle of having to add each & every domain to multiple companies outweighed the negligible benefits.

I like Namedrive -

• they have a good interface,
  • Simon's a good bloke who buys you beers when in town,
  • they allow you to put a 'This domain may be for sale' link to your Netfleet listing which greatly increases selling chances
  • They use a Google feed which seems to be best CPC for Australia
Check them out at http://www.namedrive.com or, preferably via our affiliate link http://www.namedrive.com/?ref=4131 :)

I think most would see a 30% or more revenue increase going from one ok parking company to 2-3. Revenue varies all over the place on a lot of names because of different landing pages/targeting etc.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think most would see a 30% or more revenue increase going from one ok parking company to 2-3. Revenue varies all over the place on a lot of names because of different landing pages/targeting etc.

That's what I was hoping for - the concept is sound but just didn't happen for me.

DavidL

Top Contributor
What was the result, did most names earn a similar amount at each program or was one better than the other?

Well most domains ended up being automatically pointed at Namedrive anyway - probably because we've spent time optimising the domains over the years and we've busted a better than average revenue share.

The thought of optimising 1,500 names at 4 other platforms is just too much to bear!

But I think the main problem was names falling through the cracks - these started to add up. I suppose with more diligence or less names to manage it could have worked...

Honan

Top Contributor
Have you ever used above.com to maximize PPC?
I have an account there
Just haven't got around to it yet

snoopy

Top Contributor
Well most domains ended up being automatically pointed at Namedrive anyway - probably because we've spent time optimising the domains over the years and we've busted a better than average revenue share.

The thought of optimising 1,500 names at 4 other platforms is just too much to bear!

But I think the main problem was names falling through the cracks - these started to add up. I suppose with more diligence or less names to manage it could have worked...

Need to use above rather than doing any manual comparisons. Regarding actually optimising the names the parking company should do this for you or it should be automated. I've never done manual optimisation myself.

If most names do best at the first parking company then the second is weak. Personally I've only ever thought of namedrive as average, there should be a heaps of scope to increase revenue.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Have you ever used above.com to maximize PPC?
I have an account there
Just haven't got around to it yet

It takes a bit of time to get used but makes things a lot easier once things are set. Would also recommend using the maximizer as well with is effectively an extra PPC service.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
At the moment I have an Above.com account, with accounts @ Namedrive, Sedo.

I had to individually add keywords for namedrive.

Sedo also require me to enter the stuff pretty much manually, which I'm yet to do.

What I don't get is that when I do get clicks on rare occasions EPC most of the time says $0.00 ?

Anyhow, I'm pretty much over parking. Now looking at other options.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member