What's new

Which One ?

findtim

Top Contributor
I installed my office 2003 onto the new win8 no worries, maybe things have changed?

was it the disk that stopped you or a Microsoft person who told you?

if it was the disk, change the date stamp on your computer to suit, install then correct the date, maybe that will work?

I've read a bunch of things, like Microsoft going to a lease model which is a yearly fee but you don't have to buy upgrades ( kinda like quickbooks I think ) , who knows?

I don't use MS much, a bit of word, some excel and A LOT of outlook, but I have an XP disk and a office disk ad the reg codes so I never have to deal with MS

tim

Tim, Office 2003 was actually the best version of office MS ever made, it was clear and easy to use (it still had bugs but at least it was usable)

the only issue with XP and Vista is that they are no longer supported, which is problematic - i recommend when it is time to upgrade go with a Mac, just like Spacey did! I use them at home and work, I only use windows on a virtual machine (running on a Mac) to run 1 piece of legacy software I use at the office

findtim

Top Contributor
Tim, Office 2003 was actually the best version of office MS ever made, it was clear and easy to use (it still had bugs but at least it was usable)

the only issue with XP and Vista is that they are no longer supported, which is problematic - i recommend when it is time to upgrade go with a Mac, just like Spacey did! I use them at home and work, I only use windows on a virtual machine (running on a Mac) to run 1 piece of legacy software I use at the office

yes 2013 is great, so great I don't currently NOR have ever needed support ( just the way I like it )

:D I love the term "upgrade to a mac" , ahhh.... no move to, change to ......but upgrade !

upgrade from a Mercedes to a ford ? or upgrade from a ford to a Mercedes ? its user opinion.

and mac have great propaganda, so do Norton and almost every computer I buy has it bundled and the first thing I do is spend 4 HOURS getting rid of it :mad:

"which one" = what ever you are willing to get use to using.

I have an iphone and I don't like it, I also don't like helenas Samsung but being in web dev I am forced to have them :(

and after a recent/current experience from a large client that is Mac I way well need to buy a Mac in the new year for cross testing web devs and I am not happy, but its my bread and butter !

tim

James

Top Contributor
I got Office 2013 PRO, well worth it...

I originally installed office 2003 onto win8 it was pretty dodgy, ever since office 2013 have not looked back...

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I installed my office 2003 onto the new win8 no worries, maybe things have changed?

was it the disk that stopped you or a Microsoft person who told you?

if it was the disk, change the date stamp on your computer to suit, install then correct the date, maybe that will work?

I've read a bunch of things, like Microsoft going to a lease model which is a yearly fee but you don't have to buy upgrades ( kinda like quickbooks I think ) , who knows?

I don't use MS much, a bit of word, some excel and A LOT of outlook, but I have an XP disk and a office disk ad the reg codes so I never have to deal with MS

tim

Tried to load the disk only to get a message 'can't install because previous to 2010' ...... i am mac man now

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo