What's new

When is a Link not a Link?

shags38

Top Contributor
2 Parts; (in shorthand ... yes believe it or not)

Part 1: Domains parked with content including links I inserted - domains not renewed and allowed to drop 6 moths or so ago - still on parking site - I can still modify content including links - domains are showing recent visits so DNS is still pointing to parking site - sites still show up when typed directly into browser.
QUESTION - is GoogleBot still seeing these as live sites and giving credit to the links?

I assume yes but need other opinions. Example: http://www.3DTelevisionDVD.com (whatever possessed me to hand reg that?? !!!) - let drop maybe 6 months ago - it is still on WhyPark and works perfectly, as do all the links. I figure I should not delete any domains from WhyPark even if I drop the domains - opinions??

Part 2: I have a link to a "Links Page" the content of which (other than page header) is a list of links, just links, no meta text description. Googlebot visits the page that I have the link to the links page on. GoogleBot sees that link and follows it to the links page.... QUESTION - Does Googlebot then follow all the links on the link page? Am I getting any benefit from linking to a "links page" on one of my sites???

All and any opinions welcomed (including yours spacey :))

cheers,
Mike

Billy01

Top Contributor
Domain Apps

Considering they have rebranded to Domain Apps dot com I'd let sleeping dogs lie. Ive closed my Why Park account as we were told we can no longer run adsense on their platform so they aren't getting my $10 a month to pay pitance from elsewhere.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member