What's new

What price dreams..?

NicMason.com

I like this domain name. :)

Answering a question with a question, what sort of price range are you "dreaming" of?

Pie in the sky price range, of course. ;)

Seriously though, I'm just curious to see what peoples' thoughts are at the moment...

I'm developing it right now, and the content may contain something as niche as "dream interpretation" or as broad as "luxury products/experiences/holidays/etc." Could go either way... Or both! :)

DavidL

Top Contributor
250K local broad searches is very impressive although not an obvious commercial angle to take advantage of that traffic so maybe the brandable qualities are more important.

Hard to put a price on this one...

joe

Top Contributor
i find the brandability more interesting than the generic possibilities but there's plenty of scope for both. Would be an absolute winner for the financial education market.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Gut feeling is a few hundred. Search metrics won't mean much for it in my view, purely a brand name.

James

Top Contributor
Around the $1,000 mark, potentially more to the right end user.

Don't think it is worth a few hundred.

NicMason.com

Gut feeling is a few hundred. Search metrics won't mean much for it in my view, purely a brand name.

I mostly agree (that it's a brand name) as it doesn't have a direct link to a highly commercial application, but it may hold slightly more value than other made-up brands, as it is a widely used, positive, and attractive word in itself.

But being the owner, I'm quite biased of course, and possibly just dreaming! ;)

joe

Top Contributor
see i'm not sure there's no commercial application to the generic side of this. Partner up with a "psychic", rank it for dream interpretations and whatnot, build a mailing list and you could spank the back-end on books, readings, workshops etc.

Having said that, I still like it better as a brand. I reckon you could get a couple of grand for it.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Is it significantly better than these?

drum.com.au $368
globalisation.com.au $100
faces.com.au $211
tone.com.au $112
metric.com.au $222
bachelor.com.au $102
liquid.com.au $400
hut.com.au $223
pumpkin.com.au $503
optician.com.au $118
tweets.com.au $196
negotiation.com.au $357

NicMason.com

see i'm not sure there's no commercial application to the generic side of this. Partner up with a "psychic", rank it for dream interpretations and whatnot, build a mailing list and you could spank the back-end on books, readings, workshops etc.

I live in hope, and am giving it a go!

Having said that, I still like it better as a brand. I reckon you could get a couple of grand for it.

Agreed.

joe

Top Contributor
Is it significantly better than these?

drum.com.au $368
globalisation.com.au $100
faces.com.au $211
tone.com.au $112
metric.com.au $222
bachelor.com.au $102
liquid.com.au $400
hut.com.au $223
pumpkin.com.au $503
optician.com.au $118
tweets.com.au $196
negotiation.com.au $357

IMO yes, but I'm also considering it in terms of a sale to an end user rather than aftermarket auction sales.

joe

Top Contributor
How about considering what it can actually be sold for in the current market?

I don't know if the netfleet aftermarket auctions represents the whole of the "current market". Sure, there might be a bit of legwork involved in chasing end users but I still think it has potential.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I don't know if the netfleet aftermarket auctions represents the whole of the "current market". Sure, there might be a bit of legwork involved in chasing end users but I still think it has potential.

The reality is that those drop prices are probably higher than what owners could achieve most of the time.

Having said that nothing wrong with chasing endusers but remember the value of your time.

joe

Top Contributor
The reality is that those drop prices are probably higher than what owners could achieve most of the time.

No argument there. I just feel dreams.com.au has a resonance the other examples don't.

Having said that nothing wrong with chasing endusers but remember the value of your time.

Good point. I'm kind of working off the fact I could probably flog this particular name in a matter of hours but that makes it very much the exception.

NicMason.com

... dreams.com.au has a resonance the other examples don't.

I think so.

BTW, thanks for the sales list, Snoopy!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members