What's new

What Gives NetFleet?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
OK I'm a little bit angry...

:mad:

A day or two ago I threw in a couple of bids in the last few seconds on NetFleet's snapper auction and for some reason even though my bids were higher than a number of the bids that won my bids weren't processed or didn't count for some reason.

At the time I wasn't happy, but I figured it might have been my fault like maybe my interent connection was slow for a bit and the bids weren't processed in time. So I just blew it off and figured there is always tomorrow.

Since I figured it might have been me bidding too late I have since bid with 10 - 15 seconds to go - like I did today - but today I submitted my bid for dinnercruises.com.au with a proxy bid of $102 and for whatever reason the top bid was $70 which was not mine!

This time the submission completed, with about 5 seconds to go - but it took me a second or two to realise that I wasn't winning even though my proxy was higher and I tried to enter a bid again but the auctions closed just as I went to click submit.

See attached image below.

This is the second time it has happened to me - has it happened to anyone else?

Attachments

• nf-auction-fail.jpg
    nf-auction-fail.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27

geodomains

Top Contributor
Looking at the screenshot, I would say you should have won the domain as it shows your bid was higher. I'm sure the gang at Netfleet will be able to find out why your bid was not successful. Shame it had to be this way to find a glitch.

Don

Mark

Top Contributor
OK I'm a little bit angry...

A day or two ago I threw in a couple of bids in the last few seconds on NetFleet's snapper auction and for some reason even though my bids were higher than a number of the bids that won my bids weren't processed or didn't count for some reason.

At the time I wasn't happy, but I figured it might have been my fault like maybe my interent connection was slow for a bit and the bids weren't processed in time. So I just blew it off and figured there is always tomorrow.

Since I figured it might have been me bidding too late I have since bid with 10 - 15 seconds to go - like I did today - but today I submitted my bid for dinnercruises.com.au with a proxy bid of $102 and for whatever reason the top bid was $70 which was not mine!

This time the submission completed, with about 5 seconds to go - but it took me a second or two to realise that I wasn't winning even though my proxy was higher and I tried to enter a bid again but the auctions closed just as I went to click submit.

See attached image below.

This is the second time it has happened to me - has it happened to anyone else?

Sorry for delay - only just seen this post. Probably best submitting a support ticket too in future just so we don't miss it.

Thanks for raising this issue. You would not have won this domain name in any case, as your proxy was less than the winning clients proxy, and the discrepancy appears to be a fault in how the data is fed back to you. I'll look in to it as a priority.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Sorry for delay - only just seen this post. Probably best submitting a support ticket too in future just so we don't miss it.
Sorry I didn't realise there was a support system (that said I didn't look either). I just think of DNTrade as the place to get help with domain related problems...

:p

You would not have won this domain name in any case, as your proxy was less than the winning clients proxy, and the discrepancy appears to be a fault in how the data is fed back to you.
That may be the case, but of course I'm always going to have doubts, especially given that I was the highest bidder over at Drop with $69 and it's not often you see bids that are higher on NetFleet, given that I was willing to go to $102.

Anyway not much can be done about it now I suppose - just like the first time it happened I'll have to look forward to future auctions and be happy in the fact that Drop and NetFleet even offer their services so that guys like me can snap up some bargains from time to time...

:D

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I should point out that today was much better - and I picked up 5 domains via NF Snapper Auctions without any problems.

:)

Mark

Top Contributor
Just a quick note to say we've isolated the problem, and put in a fix. You shouldn't see that happening again...(famous last words..!)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo