What's new

What Do You Think?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Any of these "sellable" or worth more than reg fee?

teethgrinding.com.au
queensizemattress.com.au
steamoven.com.au

snoopy

Top Contributor
TeethGrinding.com.au - it sounds "ok", not sure if I keep it or not though. It is is marginal so would probably base in on whether there has been any prior interest and traffic.

The other two sound like definite drops.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
DubboTeethGrinding is the way to go!
~
I think with product domains there needs to be a good affiliate program to make them worthwhile
~
I could imagine a dentist seeing some value in Teeth Grinding ......many people do it and need dental work as a result

findtim

Top Contributor
on a serious note, teethgrinding isn't something generally referred to in dentistry, but orthodontics would be the place to look for someone to purchase, as "removal and additions" of teeth is their area.
there's also a TINY market in people wanting "fangs" , just like people into body piercing which is a larger market.
PREVENTING your teeth from grinding is however a large market

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
I think with product domains there needs to be a good affiliate program to make them worthwhile
Or you could skip the affiliate option and build a business yourself. Obviously this won't work for all product domains, but when it does, you'll build a business which is more profitable (maybe) and more sellable (definitely).

snoopy

Top Contributor
Or you could skip the affiliate option and build a business yourself. Obviously this won't work for all product domains, but when it does, you'll build a business which is more profitable (maybe) and more sellable (definitely).

Well I could see this working for *one* domain, if you want to make it a full time job. I seriously doubt the "more sellable" part in in the "definitely" category though. The domain will get a lot less inquiries and it would need to be going pretty well to be sellable as a business.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah no prior interest on teethgrinding.com.au to date.

Bit torn, but I think it's time get a little tougher on myself with renewing "marginal" domains...

So I'll drop this one as well.

Horshack

Top Contributor
From memory I actually made you an offer of $100 for teethgrinding.com.au on Netfleet a few years ago Chris.

Shane

Top Contributor
Well I could see this working for *one* domain, if you want to make it a full time job. I seriously doubt the "more sellable" part in in the "definitely" category though. The domain will get a lot less inquiries and it would need to be going pretty well to be sellable as a business.
It just depends how good at building and running a business you are. I can tell you from experience it's certainly possible to do with more than one.
There is no doubt that a profitable business built around a product domain name will sell for many times more than the domain on its own.

snoopy

Top Contributor
There is no doubt that a profitable business built around a product domain name will sell for many times more than the domain on its own.

Most of the time when domainers build a "businesses" on a domains it is not profitable or worth more. It eats up a whole lot of money and time and the name will be far les sellable because it no longer looks like it is for sale.

Shane

Top Contributor
Most of the time when domainers build a "businesses" on a domains it is not profitable or worth more. It eats up a whole lot of money and time and the name will be far les sellable because it no longer looks like it is for sale.
I'm not talking about most domainers though. Most domainers will lose money regardless of what they do.
Most businesses fail in the first few years too, but some don't...

snoopy

Top Contributor
I'm not talking about most domainers though. Most domainers will lose money regardless of what they do.
Most businesses fail in the first few years too, but some don't...

I'm talk about people who make money domaining aswell. The idea of developing numerous domains (or even one) is a flop most of the time. The people who make it work typically have a passion for a particular area. Development isn't the solution for names that are otherwise not worthwhile.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I'm talk about people who make money domaining aswell. The idea of developing numerous domains (or even one) is a flop most of the time. The people who make it work typically have a passion for a particular area. Development isn't the solution for names that are otherwise not worthwhile.
Yeah I think if you are going to develop a domain these days you have to have at least some knowledge/passion for the industry.

From memory I actually made you an offer of $100 for teethgrinding.com.au on Netfleet a few years ago Chris.
Guess I should have taken it. It's all yours now.

he still has time to make a decision. he's just in "drop-remorse" or maybe more so "non-renewal-remorse"
Exactly... had a couple of days left to renew.

Was agnonising over if an end user would pay $500+ for any of them (which is what I feel is the break-even sale price required to justify holding a domain - which probably still too low).

Shane

Top Contributor
I acknowledge they're two very different disciplines; domaining and developing.
As a domainer I was only ever going to be part-time at best, but since focusing on development, things have worked out pretty well.
You just have to pick the right product and the right domains, then put the necessary effort in.
It's not rocket science, but as you pointed out, it is a flop for most domainers. Whose fault is that though?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo