Top Contributor
Carparts.net.au

Still working on the directory and forum

Let me know what you all think

Cheers
Jono

DavidL

Top Contributor
Looks good Jono. Vewry nice & clean looking - how much customisation did you do of the WP theme to get where it is? My only suggestion design-wise would be to get some sort of automotive/car parts header or logo.

How are you looking to drive traffic?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Would be focus on the directory/listings side of things. Wouldn't be bothering with the forum. The scrolling images at the top is annoying. Would probably move the join now box higher up. Generally the design looks pretty clean though.

Hey Jono,

Looks good, nice and clean.

I would work on your value proposition in the header, make your tag line something like 'Australia's #1 Place to Buy & Sell Car Parts Online'

I reckon you could re-jig the positioning of the elements on the home page too..

[join now] (full length)
[featured] [categories]
[tabs] [top ads]

You could then expand the Join Now box to double as a call to action to post an ad.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Chris

enjoi

Top Contributor
Thanks for the advice guys, i removed the forum and ill be working on the directory tonight ... does anyone know of a good wordpress plugin for directories? the one im using now is shithouse

ill be working on a new logo soon :)

Luke

Top Contributor
Site looks great Jono

Have you talked to the owner of the .com.au on this forum about partnering up? Might be of interest for you guys to work together and make this site HUGE

soj

Founder
You bought the Appthemes.com Classipress layout? I did the same thing a couple of days ago, ready to throw up on CarParts.com.au to get some pages indexed!

Keep developing it, make it bigger, and ill happily take the traffic from the wrong type ins :p

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo