1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Web Hosting page

Discussion in 'Site Review' started by helloworld, May 11, 2012.

1. helloworld

helloworld Membership: VIP

Site I am working on at the moment. It's amazing how fast web design goes out of fashion. When I built the original site I thought it was state of the art, that was in 2009. Anyway, here is where i am at so far.

[​IMG]

Current site is still up at http://www.mediafortress.com.au The site sells web hosting, domain names and also have expanded into SEO.

Would love your feedback, hoping to launch the new site ASAP. Just fine tuning a few bits and pieces.

2. helloworld

Oops had resize image on, here is a better pic.

[​IMG]

3. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Assuming that is the homepage?

Looks good, however one thing that stands out is the of red buttons. Most user experience gurus agree that a small number of call to actions converts better.

For example, maybe just show the most popular hosting account with a red call to action button 'buy now' and then have a less prominent secondary action, such as a text link that reads "or view all plans".

4. helloworld

Cheers for the feedback. While building the site I am trying to keep seo in mind. This seemed like the best idea. Maybe i should remove the red buttons with a read more link ?

If you take a look at the current page it only really offers 2 purchase buttons but I wanted to expand on this, not only for seo but to give a better user experience...

5. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    "read more link" NO, i've got @ 20 domains ranking number one for their search terms and its because i change the "read more" to something descriptive with keywords like " more about our wiggets wiggets >>> "

i KNOW this was the cause of the change in rankings as those pages started to rank ABOVE the homepage root.

tim

note i work in low competition markets but anything helps and compounds the end result

6. helloworld

aha noted.