What's new

web construction help please

shags38

Top Contributor
hey guys - what is the best way to put excel spreadsheets on a website - have a look at this site and you will see why I am asking ........ I saved as pdf then as jpeg to get these onto the site - long process and a lot of quality deterioration.

www.Names3D.com

any help appreciated.

cheers,
Mike

soj

Founder
Install Wordpress, highlight all the cells in excel, paste in a new post/page.

Excel should also have a save as webpage feature.

Vicstar

Thanks SOJ but I am not using Wordpress - I will soldier on.:)

Hey Mike,
What program/platform are you using? Soj is right in saying to "highlight all the cells in excel, paste in a new post/page" as that should keep the grids/columns. In excel, highlight the area you want, right click & "copy".. then paste to the prog/sw yr using. there's other ways you could do it - i can help u further if you like..

I'd like to see a small "make offer" or enquire button next to each domain... altho in the meantime, to create your JPGs, simply *print screen* the area in excel, then crop/save the image:
1. print screen [copy] the area in excel (eg. hold Fn key + Prtsc key top RHS)
2. paste into an easy image editor (eg. try irfanview.com)
3. crop the image so it looks neater (drag your mouse & highlight the area you want, then Edit, then Crop Selection).. and save at 100% quality GIF

..altho it would be easier & neater to work out how to paste from Excel. Try to highlight the selection you want in Excel, then FILE, SAVE AS, change to HTML + select the option to save the "Selection" (or the entire workbook!) o/wise look into a suitable template or wordpress or Directory s/w where you can input or import yr domains & make it much easier to manage.

Also for now, try & include a few BUY NOW or ENQUIRY /MAKE OFFER buttons on yr page to make it easy for the interested party.. nice BIG ones!

shags38

Top Contributor
Corey - many thanks - haven't used it yet but it looks great. Probably the best assistance to a request that I have had in this forum.

Thanks again,
Mike

davids

Top Contributor
have you considered using a Domain Name Portfolio Script? its available @ http://dnsportfolio.com/

an example of its use is @ Domain Names For Sale

Cheers
Corey

The issue with this is that the format in the admin panel for the bulk addition of domains.

As per the site;
You must enter domains in the format of:
Domain,Registrar,Expiry,Price,Status.

My assumption is that you don't have them laid out like this, shags, so you'd have to alter your spreadsheet structures to meet their format. Or you'd have to enter them each individually.

Then the issue arises that the price must be entered as a numeric rather than a XXX or range, so with that script you'd be unable to have anything other than exact prices or no range but have 'Make Offer.'

You're best off along your current route or with a custom (or more suited) script.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo