What's new

WARNING: mms@telstra dot comau

findtim

Top Contributor
WARNING, just be careful if you get an email from this address, i had 1 this morning and now my computer is going ape with my antivirus fighting it, every 3 seconds it trys to take me to a new URL.

the email comes with a zip file , inside the file is an exe file hidden inside a jpg, i opened it because i was actually waiting on an mms from my wife, what are the odds of that !

what a waste of time, i'd love to shoot the people who do this.

tim

acheeva

Top Contributor
That's lucky. I was actually going to open it because I have been trying to work out how to open MMS on my phone

findtim

Top Contributor
just got another 3 !

each contains the phone number it was sent from so i rang them all and all are discontected.

i'm glad i saved someone from my current hell

tim

GGroup

i'm glad i saved someone from my current hell

If you're still having trouble you can try SysClean - a Trend Micro offline scanner. I also use ESET (I think this is what you use) but find SysClean helps in a pinch.

I've uploaded it for you here; http://www.datafilehost.com/download-6ca85cf6.html
Just download, unzip and run the sysclean.com file. A Trend Mirco window will appear and I'm sure you'll figure it out from there.
It could take a while but it's pretty good at finding things others have missed.

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks GGRoup, my scan didn't pick anything up, just been on to eset and they are currently preparing the update but he is emailing me the fix now,

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
END result

the sysclean link hassled my nod32 and had to shut down my computer.

i recieved the longgggggg list of instructions from Eset but decided to do a system restore from yesterday first to save time and that WORKED.

the virus wasn't malicious, just bloody annoying

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads