1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Tips for Selling Domains To End Users

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by aus11, Jul 7, 2012.

1. aus11

aus11 Membership: VIP

I've noticed that a lot of domains are sold between domain investors/developers but know quite a few of you have experience selling some of your domain names to end users and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share any tips?

I've done it once, but it was basically a fluke (because I tweeted about it and an acquaintance ended up wanting to by it - paid asking price too).

My Specific Questions Are:

1. Do you call or email potential buyers? And if so, do you have a script that you would be willing to share (publicly or privately)?

2. Do you just list a price, leave it open, or list it on the Aftermarket Auction (and direct interested parties there)?

3. If you set a list price, how do you come up with that figure?

Plus, if you have any other tips/advice, I'm sure there are a lot of us who would be grateful to hear it! :)

2. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
  3. aus11

aus11 Membership: VIP