What's new

VictoriaSecret

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I can vaguely remember reading an article about a company victoriassecret being hassled by victoria secret so i dont this drop going well for the new owner unless they are victoria secret ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
It's not spelt correctly.

The correct spelling is Victoria's Secret.

Therefore it is mising an S.

Seems i haven't purchased lingerie in while :eek:

I always thought it was victoria secret , the .com redirects to victorias secret so seems i am wrong about this ome

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
It's not spelt correctly.

The correct spelling is Victoria's Secret.

Therefore it is mising an S.
Australia has an entire state named Victoria with a few million residents and lots of secrets! Why on earth is this domain being protected for an international clothing brand!

Added to this if we start agreeing that the brand "Victoria's Secret" needs protecting via this list instead of the WIPO process then why are smaller trademarks not protected by this same list? Why don't they just run the entire ATMOSS list through there?

johno69

Top Contributor
Australia has an entire state named Victoria with a few million residents and lots of secrets! Why on earth is this domain being protected for an international clothing brand!

Added to this if we start agreeing that the brand "Victoria's Secret" needs protecting via this list instead of the WIPO process then why are smaller trademarks not protected by this same list? Why don't they just run the entire ATMOSS list through there?

I agree Anthony. There was a version of this that made it past the WIPO claim too from memory. Was it VictoriasSecrets?

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Take a look at the list and then try to explain why thrashmetal.com.au, sydneyseoprofessionals.com.au are on the list?

When you are done, try to figure out why sydneyseoprofessionals.com.au is on the list but it is also currently registered with a domain running on it and a last modified date of 03-Oct-2012 00:35:32 UTC?

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
There's a few on that list that are registered, some even for sale.
I was surprised but this comment so I checked and over 13% (approx. 315) of the domains on the list are registered. Now I am even more confused than ever by the purpose of this list.

Jamie-AU

I also don't understand the purpose of AUDA's mis-spelling list. The organisations that the mis-spelled domains pertain to are clearly big enough and rich enough to register all the combinations that AUDA has defined for them. It would make it much simpler than someone monitoring infringing registrations.

acheeva

Top Contributor
AUDA seem to play the misspelling card as a "catch-all" to protect trademarks; but it appears this only happens when they have a complaint
My most recent case was that "Malaysian" was considered to be a misspelling of "Malaysia"

Reactions: Oz.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members