What's new

ventiser.com

ttfan

Top Contributor
I thought it was a good play on words from "Event Organiser"
I think it's only good if you can be sure most people 'get it', i.e. it needs to be an obvious and clever play on words.

Still, with a .com you might be able to sell it...all you need to do is find a 'greater fool'...there're plenty around :D

mirecart

Top Contributor
Sure, it can be done if you've got a good product and lots of advertising dollars to put behind it.
I think I've got a good business model behind it, and the contacts to put it into action, the problem is as always time.

ttfan

Top Contributor
Having a better name to start with, would have to save you tons of time and effort though, surely?
Before you start the new business and you still have a choice of name, it's worth considering.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Your business model seems to be similar to trying to hit a hole in one with a putter.... on a par 5.

It's nice to have a hobby but don't delude yourself its a business model.

I think I've got a good business model behind it, and the contacts to put it into action, the problem is as always time.
If you are keen on an online business there are a few of us here who could sell you a premium domain. I would personally pick the right premium domain and focus on that domain for development purposes, and don't buy any other domains until you make a success out of it. PM me if you want some examples.
As I said before, Im glad you are asking questions here, it is the best way to learn!

mirecart

Top Contributor
Your business model seems to be similar to trying to hit a hole in one with a putter.... on a par 5. It's nice to have a hobby but don't delude yourself its a business model.

Given you don't even know my business model, and you could only assume from what the site currently states on the outside, then it is you who is playing with something. I'm happy to take on board all constructive feedback, but don't take the piss out of something just because you don't understand.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Given you don't even know my business model, and you could only assume from what the site currently states on the outside, then it is you who is playing with something. I'm happy to take on board all constructive feedback, but don't take the piss out of something just because you don't understand.
To be fair, it's very hard to see any rhyme or reason from your multiple posts of domain registrations, given that many of these domains make little sense and don't really jump out as being suited to a particular business model.

It seems to be more like a shotgun approach to domain speculation (I don't think 'investment' is the right term in this case sorry). I can't see a clear business model here either, and if you knew what I did for a 'day job' this would speak volumes.

Quoted from another thread:
I've already bought a large number of domains prior to joining and yes I am starting to see a trend in my purchases which don't appeal to everyone, but I've bought them none the less and I'll take all the feedback I hear from everyone here and way that up against my other partners visions and expectations on the time / value and effort required to produce a business from each domain.
I'm going to assume you don't really mean to develop/build a business on each domain, because that's clearly not realistic. It also seems a terrible waste of (further) resources to build businesses on inferior branding assets that will only increase your marketing expense over time, if you're truly looking to build online businesses.

If you have particular business models or target markets in mind, perhaps you could share a quick list of these with your proposed domain name for each. As suggested by Erhan, between the members here there are many thousands of domains held and you might be able to buy some better domain options for your proposed businesses at wholesale pricing.

mirecart

Top Contributor
To be fair, it's very hard to see any rhyme or reason from your multiple posts of domain registrations, given that many of these domains make little sense and don't really jump out as being suited to a particular business model.

It seems to be more like a shotgun approach to domain speculation (I don't think 'investment' is the right term in this case sorry). I can't see a clear business model here either, and if you knew what I did for a 'day job' this would speak volumes.

Quoted from another thread:
I'm going to assume you don't really mean to develop/build a business on each domain, because that's clearly not realistic. It also seems a terrible waste of (further) resources to build businesses on inferior branding assets that will only increase your marketing expense over time, if you're truly looking to build online businesses.

If you have particular business models or target markets in mind, perhaps you could share a quick list of these with your proposed domain name for each. As suggested by Erhan, between the members here there are many thousands of domains held and you might be able to buy some better domain options for your proposed businesses at wholesale pricing.

No not every domain, but I meet a lot of interesting and talented people, and when we feel there are synergies which can be mutually rewarding, we let them chose from the wide range of domains we have for one that best suits the potential relationship.
I've got one now who is a blogger, she rants about everything her husband does, so when i saw www.thenaggingwife.com come up, I knew it would suit her to a tee. We are currently building her a creative site she will then drive and we will co-own.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo