What's new

Valuations of gTLDs

borna

Hi all,

Wanting to get your opinions on calculating the value of these new domains.

Would the same formula as any other domain be used e.g. google traffic x cpc and so on?

I would assume that the market would be prepared to pay a premium for these domains so how would that influence the above formula?

Thanks!

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Expect no types ins and no market, it may take a generation for these to come to fruition. Some registrars are charging a premium ..... but the nearly all names remain up for grabs ......what does that tell you ?
~
I have stated it will take another 'facebook' to gain the attention of the critical mass

findtim

Top Contributor
dubbodentist.melbourne = traffic ( zero ) x cpc ( 1 cent ) = zero

thus i will now call this the DDgTLD formula :D

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Expect no types ins and no market, it may take a generation for these to come to fruition. Some registrars are charging a premium ..... but the nearly all names remain up for grabs ......what does that tell you ?
~
I have stated it will take another 'facebook' to gain the attention of the critical mass

facebook is a .com so not a gTLD

and instagram and pintrest came after facebook, i question how many facebook members are not active or are purely for testing/spamming thus 1 person with multiple accounts, no need to question me as i have 5 facebook accounts that i use for testing and i am not active on them, but certainly i do not spam.

neds right, don't assume

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
facebook is a .com so not a gTLD

and instagram and pintrest came after facebook, i question how many facebook members are not active or are purely for testing/spamming thus 1 person with multiple accounts, no need to question me as i have 5 facebook accounts that i use for testing and i am not active on them, but certainly i do not spam.

neds right, don't assume

tim

Seems you don't get it , i was stating it will take a new entity like the wave facebook created to make a change in the way of thinking, the geo gtlds will be part of this, but it will only take one and it aint gonna be .dubbo ..... sorry to say

snoopy

Top Contributor
I would assume that the market would be prepared to pay a premium for these domains so how would that influence the above formula?

Thanks!

Silly domainers might pay a premium to the registry on launch, I wouldn't expect much other than that.

chris

Top Contributor
Would the same formula as any other domain be used e.g. google traffic x cpc and so on?

Hi borna,

Search volume and CPC are just a few factors and not as relevant as what they once were.

Personally I don't think there is a formula for valuing domains. The best advice I would give for any valuation is to do your homework and know the market and the industry.

Here's a guest article written by fellow member Demonoid which covers this quite well:

https://www.dntrade.com.au/guest-articles/8909-things-to-consider-when-buying-com-au-domains.html

Cheers,
Chris

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads