What's new

Using Fiverr dot com

findtim

Top Contributor
Well, i thought i'd give it a go for some really small stuff i needed doing.

first job, no worries, done instantly ! well wortht he $5

second job, done instantly but there was a problem my side so that was that ? pay the $5 and sort it out yourself i was basically told.

third job, SIMPLE css code modification which i gave her GREAT detail in what i wanted, FAR more the the average person could.

then i get an fiverr email, oopss sorry, i deleted your CSS ! can you fix that and then i can ad my changes !

yes i have backups but FFS she promotes herself as and EXPERT IN CSS, well backup yourself dude :mad:

So i have to spend time to get it back to the start so there goes my $5, and all i got was an email saying " sorry, i'll cancel the job and refund your money "

she cost me so much more. simply the time it took me to change all the passwords i had given her to do the work !

so the reason for the post, be careful.

tim

James

Top Contributor
Fiverr is hit or miss, I wouldn't trust people with your code on it.

To me the site is ok for people to make very basic things like videos and graphics.

In the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Fiverr is great, I use it with and am more often than not very happy with the outcome.

The key thing to remember is dont expect people to do a big job for $5 and then be disappointed when they dont deliver. Things like logos, videos and basic web design are all good. Try to use rated sellers.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
I've used it with mixed results. There is an Aussie based version of it but I can't think of the URL.

DavidL

Top Contributor
I think it's great - probably bought nearly 100 gigs over last few years.

Works great for simple stuff which is black and white with clear deliverables like scrape a page for data or add 1000 twitter followers

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
And that is why you should stick with local, trusted workers who have a reputation to uphold and that do not mind even the smallest of jobs.

;)

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks guys, i have now done another 2 smallllllllll jobs with with them and its all cool, i think the overall feeling of "K I S S" it the key.

i have another 2 small jobs in prigress now so lets see how that progresses.

elance is still my favourite but now i'm actually thinking i might be paying someone someone on elance that then feeds it to fiverr ! LOL, good on em.

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
thanks guys, i have now done another 2 smallllllllll jobs with with them and its all cool, i think the overall feeling of "K I S S" it the key.

i have another 2 small jobs in prigress now so lets see how that progresses.

elance is still my favourite but now i'm actually thinking i might be paying someone someone on elance that then feeds it to fiverr ! LOL, good on em.

tim

sounds highly possible

findtim

Top Contributor
So i paid $5 for a small job and the guy completed it perfectly and quick, paid via paypal, so i gave him another 3 to do, $15, no worries, done , so i have now given him today another 8 to do for me and BAM, paypal wouldn't accept my credit card ?????

so i phone bankwest and say WTF, i was told bank west won't let payments over $20 go to fiverr merchants ! i was told its because they have had many fraud complaints, the guy did say he wasn't bankwest business banking so he was just guessing at the auth codes he was seeing on screen.

anyway i had to state that i would allow my account to spend over $20 to fiverr merchants so they could lift my fiverr limit.

interesting

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
or just spread the work out a bit more, might make sense to have a few jobs lined up to keep the worker's on their toes

findtim

Top Contributor
i do that, not put all my eggs in 1 basket, but this is such a simple job i'd waste more time trying to find a new person then it takes to do the job.

but also once i find a person i like to feed them more work, i like the loyalty factor

i have it on elance and it is a win win.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member