What's new

used.com.au

gort

I have had this one for quite some time however the development ideas have been faltering so I am taking a punt to see what it is worth and have listed it on netfleet with a reserve. (My first ever domain auction)

What type of reserve would be expected for this domain?

I will post this in the 3rd party marketplace also as it is a ten day auction.

Gort

gort

Well done! Did you do any marketing?

Unfortunately no. All I did was list it on netfleet.com.au and mark it for sale on the actual domain landing page www.used.com.au

With the original appraisals here I got a little worried even though I have always thought it was worth a bit more than what the responses were.

Now I'm thinking I probably should have listed it as a for sale and bided my time until the right offer came in rather than auction it?

Live and learn; its the first domain I have ever listed.

neddy

Top Contributor
With the original appraisals here I got a little worried even though I have always thought it was worth a bit more than what the responses were.

Now I'm thinking I probably should have listed it as a for sale and bided my time until the right offer came in rather than auction it?

That is a fantastic result so far gort - don't beat yourself up!

I have to say it is more than I thought it would get, but it only takes one buyer!

So good on you (and well done NF!).

smee

Top Contributor
Surprised it hasn't gotten high 4 figures as eBay just upped their fees and your domain would be a great alternative market place.

neddy

Top Contributor
Well looks like someone likes it.

Must be a couple of people that like it!

Congratulations gort - that is one fantastic result imho. I bet you don't feel "used" now. :D

I'm glad I didn't put in an appraisal. ;)

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
When a domain is "on the market" and you have two interested parties like that, you are almost always better off in an auction than fielding anonymous offers in the catalogue.

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
Great result on Used.com.au. With the eBay news - wonder what something generic like www.buy.com.au might be worth. Got to be a fantastic business model out there for somebody....

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo