What's new

Urgent advice! Pot of gold found?

Guyp

when i do direct match it brings only 320 & 91 local?

is this going to make me any money?

Jayden

im only new here but for an investment of $10 or $20 and giving it a go... you probably can't go wrong

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
broad is a waste of time , who will you sell it to ? or how will you develop it ?

there is a term called 'fools gold' for a reason , slow down consider buying in the aftermarket ...... names are still quite cheap

the australian market is not a pot of gold , ask yourself why no one else has regged it ?

WG2010

Archived Member
Don't use broad because it's best case scenario and you'll never receive the amount of traffic it suggests.

I use exact match and discount the number by 50% for a rough idea. Phrase match is great for getting an idea of how much longtail the keyword has.

What I've discovered lately that some low volume exact match keywords have awesome longtail potential.

For example, an exatch match keyword/domain I have gets 100 exacts a month but receives almost 2500 UV a month because I've targeted all the longtail. So, don't discount low volume exact until you dig a little deeper.

James

Top Contributor
Broad Match: This is the most primitive form of keyword input. An example would be:

online playstation games

But since it’s a broad match it would also trigger for the following phrases:

playstation games online

games online playstation

playstation online games

The problem with this is that often when the words in a particular phrase a rearranged they can become untargeted & mean something completely different to what someone is actually searching for. Thus reducing your CTR & potentially losing you money in clicks.

Phrase Match: Phrase Match is a much more targeted way to pinpoint exact phrases that someone might use to search for a particular product.

For example:

“playstation games online”

Would also trigger for the following phrases:

buy playstation games online

order playstation games online

purchase playstation games online

However this particular type of targeting can also match for certain undesirable keywords such as:

free playstation games online

download free playstation games online

So it’s important to utilise Negative keywords for the words download & free to avoid you paying for ads in which people are looking for free games. This again will increase your CTR & save you money.

Exact Match: This is the most targeted type of match & the one I prefer to use most often. With this match you can target the exact keywords you want to trigger your ads. The more targeted you are the higher your conversions will be.

For example:

[buy playstation 3 in texas]

[buy playstation 3 memory card online]

So now you have know how all the matching type work, if you’re already running PPC campaigns load them up & see how you can increase your CTR on certain words be being more targeted with your matching types & using negative matching to get rid of the words you don’t want appearing.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo